Skip Voice Tracks if there is no intro/outro

Altec

Hi Dmitri,

I tested the schedulers command to activate or desactivate auto intros according to the schedule, but with this technic I have no control over when the auointro is called, if I have :

- Song
- jingle "Good Morning On Altec Radio"
- Song
- song with autointro "Good Morning on Altec Radio"

This makes a duplicate message, so I discovered the voices tracks which are an interesting alternative to be able to call the elements in the playlist generator.

I want to use Voice Tracks rather than AutoIntro to make slogan liners and time slot liners for my station. Indeed, the advantage of Voice Tracks is that you can make a bridge at the end of the song between the outro and the intro of the next song, moreover they can be included in the rotation of the playlist generator to have a perfect control of the integration of the elements.

My problem is when I put my voicetrack in the schedule before a song, If the precedent song have no outro, or If the current song have no intro, then the voice track is played back blank. Is there an option to skip the voice track if the song haven't enough intro or the precedent song haven't enough outro.

Another idea would be to be able to integrate an autointro in the playlist generator on demand, for example via a command: autointro insert morning, and if the song has a too short intro or no intro, radioboss skip the autointro automatically.

Let me know your advice about these ideas

Thank you in advance

Altec

It's not possible to add an option to skip Voice Tracks when the tracks do not meet the requirements to play properly?

Another option would to be able to play the AutoIntro between the outro of the previous song and the intro of the current song.

Thank you Dmitri for your Help

Altec

Another idea would be to be able to integrate an autointro in the playlist generator on demand, for example via a command: autointro insert morning, and if the song has a too short intro or no intro, radioboss skip the autointro automatically.
The most important for me is this point because I use multiple autointro to say good morning, or to announce the name of current show like "Pop Sessions 8pm 10pm on AltecRadio", and I detected that Radioboss play Only the First Autointro checked and not the others alternately, so I think it would be interesting for the community to be able to call them from the playlist generator at the location you want in the rotation.

Thank you

It's not possible to add an option to skip Voice Tracks when the tracks do not meet the requirements to play properly?
What are the requirements? That the voice track must fit within Intro+Outro?

I detected that Radioboss play Only the First Autointro checked and not the others alternately
It checks the rules in order (from top to the bottom) and plays the one that fits.

It checks the rules in order (from top to the bottom) and plays the one that fits.
Ok I understand why I have difficulties when 2 or 3 autointro rules are actived, it play the first one because slogans have no conditions. Interesting.

What are the requirements? That the voice track must fit within Intro+Outro?
Yes, or if the voice track is longer than the intro, or the outro + intro then it would be interesting to be able to "Skip" it or not to insert it if outro and intro are too short.

The great thing about voice tracks for me is that I can insert them as part of the playlistgenerator rotation, and they can bridge the intro and outro.

The idea is to avoid reading the VT blank or with a "BED" track.

Maybe it would be easier to allow auto-intros to be called by the playlistgenerator as an element, and to allow them to be played from the outro of the previous track to the intro (like voices tracks do), and simply not insert it or skip it if they not fill conditions to be played properly.

Thanks for your interest in my problem Dmitry, very kind

Best Regards

Altec

Ok I understand why I have difficulties when 2 or 3 autointro rules are actived, it play the first one because slogans have no conditions. Interesting.
The rule with no conditions will always be played, and other rules will never play because of it.

Yes, or if the voice track is longer than the intro, or the outro + intro then it would be interesting to be able to "Skip" it or not to insert it if outro and intro are too short.
I'm still not sure if many users will find it useful. If voice track presents in the playlist, it's expected that it will play, regardless if it fits in the outro+intro part (in this case, RadioBOSS simply inserts silence or uses "bed" if it's configured). Many people will complain their voice tracks are skipped.

Maybe it would be easier to allow auto-intros to be called by the playlistgenerator as an element, and to allow them to be played from the outro of the previous track to the intro (like voices tracks do), and simply not insert it or skip it if they not fill conditions to be played properly.
The point of auto intro is that it, as opposed to voice tracks, is processed fully automatically without being inserted into the playlist. So, by design, it's not an option to insert them from playlist generator because they can't be inserted into the playlist.

Please note that you can control Auto Intro rules from the scheduler, rules can be enabled and disabled based on part of the day (e.g. you may want some rules to be used only in morning, some for the evening etc), more information here https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_commands.htm (see the the autointro command). And, of course, design the rules to have proper conditions to make them play only when needed.

The rule with no conditions will always be played, and other rules will never play because of it.
Yes, it's my problem, I have in Top autointro with slogans and below I have Good Morning, Good Evening, Good Weekend, all that autointro not running with conditions, so radio boss just play the first one that is slogans autointro.

I'm still not sure if many users will find it useful. If voice track presents in the playlist, it's expected that it will play, regardless if it fits in the outro+intro part (in this case, RadioBOSS simply inserts silence or uses "bed" if it's configured). Many people will complain their voice tracks are skipped.
Argh ok, I understand perfectly Dmitry, it was a suggestion :). I will try to found some good bed closest to my program style to avoid blank under VT tracks.
The point of auto intro is that it, as opposed to voice tracks, is processed fully automatically without being inserted into the playlist. So, by design, it's not an option to insert them from playlist generator because they can't be inserted into the playlist.

Yes I understand, it's for that I suggested the Skipping checkbox option for voice tracks (If there's no intro + outro on songs) because I want to use it as piloted autointro from the playlistgenerator.
Please note that you can control Auto Intro rules from the scheduler, rules can be enabled and disabled based on part of the day (e.g. you may want some rules to be used only in morning, some for the evening etc), more information here https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_commands.htm (see the the autointro command). And, of course, design the rules to have proper conditions to make them play only when needed.
I tested it, but it's not good in my case because radioboss play everytime the first autointro (Slogans) because there are no conditions for it, and other activated autointro are never played.

Thanks anyway Dmitry

Yes, it's my problem, I have in Top autointro with slogans and below I have Good Morning, Good Evening, Good Weekend, all that autointro not running with conditions, so radio boss just play the first one that is slogans autointro.
The list is checked from top to the bottom, so you should place more specific rules closer to the top, and general rules (with less or no conditions) at the bottom.

Yes I understand, it's for that I suggested the Skipping checkbox option for voice tracks (If there's no intro + outro on songs) because I want to use it as piloted autointro from the playlistgenerator.
This is to avoid silent background for a voice track if it doesn't fit?

This is to avoid silent background for a voice track if it doesn't fit?
Yes, that's the Idea :) , like this if needed, you check the checkbox and voices tracks are skipped if it doesn't fit correctly with intro or intro+outro. I really want to use voice tracks like this because it's really perfect for my needs, I can't use BED for few seconds or milliseconds.

Thanks, Dmitri

Have a good day

I can't use BED for few seconds or milliseconds.
If it's only few seconds, then I don't see how this is a problem. Also, bed only plays when it's needed, so you can assign a long bed and it'll only play for a few seconds if that's the amount of silence.

Back