Some scheduled events not playing

Hello Dmitry
In the latest version of RB I have noticed one or two events have been ignored despite playing back numerous times in previous weeks. From what I can determine there is nothing happening on the server at the time (file is on local computer). I have not experienced events being skipped randomly I n the past. There is no error in the log and the event simply gets bypassed. This happened today with a scheduled event in which I had deleted a previous program file and replaced it with a different program located on the same drive. When I test with run now it plays successfully. All other regular scheduled events worked OK. Go figure....

Last week I deleted a file (episode 14) from a track list folder in the hope that the next in the series (Episode 15) would play but according to the log, RB somehow still played episode 14! Is this possible - perhaps the program was loaded in cache or am I imagining this maybe....?

I am concerned this unreliability might be a v6 bug - can you please comment.

I have noticed one or two events have been ignored despite playing back numerous times in previous weeks. From what I can determine there is nothing happening on the server at the time (file is on local computer). I have not experienced events being skipped randomly I n the past.
Please check the Logs (or open the report files directly if it happened a while ago - click Settings - Open Reports Folder) from there you'll be able to see if the events did start or not.

Last week I deleted a file (episode 14) from a track list folder in the hope that the next in the series (Episode 15) would play but according to the log, RB somehow still played episode 14! Is this possible - perhaps the program was loaded in cache or am I imagining this maybe....?
No way it can play a non-existent file. It also does not cache the music files, the file is actually never completely read, even while playback - it only reads a portion of the track while it's playing.

Back