Sort order for selected folder

MSL66

I have used Radio boss for quite some time,, still learning as I go.

I prefer to manually import music tracks into the playlist window, instead of using the playlist generator.
I have my music files sorted according to my own parameters.
When I add the entire music folder into the playlist window, the files are loaded in alphabetical order by group/performer, not in the sequence / order I have them sorted inside the folder (the order i want them to play in the playlist window).
Is there a way to have the files inside the added folder load in the precise / exact order as stored, instead of loading the folder contents alphabetically?
This would be the greatest improvement to an already fine software program!

When I add the entire music folder into the playlist window, the files are loaded in alphabetical order by group/performer, not in the sequence / order I have them sorted inside the folder (the order i want them to play in the playlist window).
When you drag the files from the folder, the order depends on how the system orders it (not necessarily it will be the same as you see it in the folder). Therefore, to make things more clear, RadioBOSS sorts the list alphabetically. You can turn it off in Settings / General, Advanced Configuration button, "Drag-n-drop - sort tracks alphabetically" (set to False).

Well, that is not what I am looking for.

I load the entire folder into the playlist window. (Playlist>Add folder> If I have 35 tracks in the folder, sorted in non alphabetical order) they still load in A to Z by artist. I do not want this.
i do not drag and drop the files inside of a folder Some folders have 35 or more tracks. I have to sort them in the playlist which is time consuming.

I want to load the entire folder contents in the order that they are stored inside of the folder with one click. And then the song files should appear in the playlist window in the correct order, matching the order in which they were stored in the folder.

I want to load the entire folder contents in the order that they are stored inside of the folder with one click.
Generally, the files on the disk are stored in the order of their addition to the folder, and, it's not usually possible to get that order, the order may or may not be preserved when software queries the OS to list the files.
When you open the folder, the files are usually sorted by Windows by one of the possible fields.

You can try turning off the advanced option as mentioned above. Then drag the folder to the RadioBOSS's playlist window and see in what order they are added.

Still, arranging order of files using file system is absolutely not reliable.

Back