Start playlist vs Resume Playlists

aprizion

Hi, if I change the radioboss startup option resume playlist into "start playlist", the tracks will be "played" automatically after start the playlist or will keep only the tracks until I push play "manually"?

What is the best option to start playlists and play automatically the tracks after open RadioBoss?

Thanks,

Also, another question: if I've a playlist with relay and other tracks, what happens if the relay fail, try to connect during broadcast, etc? RadioBoss jump to the next track or keep the relay until get connection again?

I would like to set up an way to keep the relay and avoid to skip to the next track, even if relay fail... or set any default time or attempts before skip.

Thanks,

"Start playlist" will start it from the first track, "Resume playback" will continue playing from the place it was left off.

Also, another question: if I've a playlist with relay and other tracks, what happens if the relay fail, try to connect during broadcast, etc? RadioBoss jump to the next track or keep the relay until get connection again?
If you have a network stream in the playlist, and it fails to play, it will move on to the next track.

I would like to set up an way to keep the relay and avoid to skip to the next track, even if relay fail... or set any default time or attempts before skip.
There's a separate Relay feature that in most cases is better than inserting URLs to the playlist: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/relaying.htm

There's a separate Relay feature that in most cases is better than inserting URLs to the playlist: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/relaying.htm

This is done, but metadata is not sent when an event with the track is initiated (even if priority over the relay) is set. I do not need to send the metadata when the relay is playing, but I need to send metadata when any event is started, because metadata it's to ad triggers.

Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks!

"Start playlist" will start it from the first track, "Resume playback" will continue playing from the place it was left off.

Is there any solution to start some playlist after the time passed? For example, if I've a playlist scheduled to 6a, but I turn on my computer at 6:20a.

This is done, but metadata is not sent when an event with the track is initiated (even if priority over the relay) is set. I do not need to send the metadata when the relay is playing, but I need to send metadata when any event is started, because metadata it's to ad triggers.
Yes, this is by design. Overlay events never send track title updates.
We'll add a command to allow updating title with custom text.

Is there any solution to start some playlist after the time passed? For example, if I've a playlist scheduled to 6a, but I turn on my computer at 6:20a.
There is also "Execute a command" feature in the startup options. You can make it start the event you need using the runevent EVENTNAME command (change EVENTNAME to the name of the event you want to start).

Got it, thanks. Also, I've created a playlist using line input and this will avoid buffering, once the live audio is not coming from a internet relay, but over the line in from a mixer. Thanks!

There is also "Execute a command" feature in the startup options. You can make it start the event you need using the runevent EVENTNAME command (change EVENTNAME to the name of the event you want to start).
Thanks for the tip.

Have a great Xmas and Happy Holidays!

Happy 2023!
What is the correct line of code to run line in 1 (run ????) after the program starts or restarts? Thanks.

Happy 2023!
What is the correct line of code to run line in 1 (run ????) after the program starts or restarts? Thanks.
You can add an event that starts line input, and then make it run this event on RadioBOSS startup.

Hello, I join this concern.
If I have an event scheduled for 6 pm and the power goes out and it returns 30 minutes later, what command should be used in that case to reproduce the event scheduled for that time?

If I have an event scheduled for 6 pm and the power goes out and it returns 30 minutes later, what command should be used in that case to reproduce the event scheduled for that time?
The best solution to remedy power problems is to use UPS. The program can't handle such cases, and modern computers handle power outages badly, often losing data (due to write caching).

The best solution to remedy power problems is to use UPS. The program can't handle such cases, and modern computers handle power outages badly, often losing data (due to write caching).
The solution that I have found so far for this case is to repeat the cent every few minutes until the start of the next event.

Back