Stop after this track

P

pety

I would like to have this option:
- select in Main Playlist a track to stop playing after it.

Is it possible ?

Attachments

• _stop_after_this_track.jpg
    _stop_after_this_track.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 449
pety said:
Yes, this is possible:
1. Select a track in the playlist after which you would like it to stop
2. Click Playlist->Add command and select "stop"

djsoft said:
pety said:
Yes, this is possible:
1. Select a track in the playlist after which you would like it to stop
2. Click Playlist->Add command and select "stop"
It is easier and more intuitive with right click. I knew about command "stop", but is not so visible for other people (they have to memorize a lot of steps... right click is faster).

My request is not about if it is possible like you said, but if it is possible to do it like I wish to be.

"Move under the currently playing track" is in track window properties. In the same way "Stop after this track" can be. Thanks a lot !

I'm not sure... duplicating features is not an option - this adds unnecessary complication. Also the playlist right-click menu is large enough already. How often are you inserting the STOP command?

djsoft said:
I'm not sure... duplicating features is not an option - this adds unnecessary complication. Also the playlist right-click menu is large enough already. How often are you inserting the STOP command?
Just guess in four LIVE hours how many times use STOP AFTER THIS TRACK. Sometimes I think that you don't know how radio work is.
  • Track
  • Stop
  • DJ
  • Track
  • News
  • Track
  • Stop
  • DJ
  • Track
  • Stop
  • Talk Show
  • Track
  • Stop
  • Info
  • Track
  • Stop
  • Talk Show etc., etc.
Imagine that this playlist is four hours long.

RB's main purpose is automatic, unattended operation. That's why sometimes it lacks features for Live broadcasting, but we're working on it.

Each time someone asks for a feature, I'm asking for details to justify addition of the feature. RB is a public software and we won't add features which will be used by only a few people.

pety said:
The fast way to do it would be: copy (Ctrl+C) the stop command in the playlist and then use Ctrl+V to insert it everywhere you need.

I've checked through request list and found that couple of people asked for a similar feature in the past... I think it will be added finally :)

djsoft said:
pety said:
The fast way to do it would be: copy (Ctrl+C) the stop command in the playlist and then use Ctrl+V to insert it everywhere you need.

I've checked through request list and found that couple of people asked for a similar feature in the past... I think it will be added finally :)
Very very nice. That' great, thanks.

Back