Strange Tags working between Database en PiGeneratorPRO

Altec

Hi Djsoft Team,

There's some strange things with tags.

When you select two tags in the database, only songs containing both tags are displayed.

When in the Playlist generator you are in Filters --> Tags --> Include and you select the same two tags, radioboss will look for all the tracks with TAG A and all the tracks with TAG B and add them together to make a playlist.

1709732772414.png

But I discovered something very strange that I wouldn't have expected. When you add Include --> TAG A and then add a second Include with TAG B, radioboss finds all the tracks that have both tags in their file.

1709732800515.png

Normally, visually and logically, it should work the other way round.

You should be able to do + --> Include --> TAG A, TAG B and have a playlist generated with tracks that all have TAG A and TAG B in their file and not just one or the other.

Moreover it could be interesting to be able in database like in PI Generator to Include AND exclude TAGS at the Same tags. For example you want to show TOP 40 and exclude the sad TOP 40 songs :

1709733394387.png

Thanks In advance

Currently it works like this: each single line is OR operation, that is, "Include: TagA, TagB" reads as "include only tracks with TagA and/or TagB".
If you add two separate lines, "Include: TagA" and "Include: TagB" then it reads as "include only tracks that have both TagA and TagB".
Same thing for the "Exclude" rule.

This way it seems to cover all cases when with AND or OR operations.

Along the same lines, I have the same question for the "rules" here : Categorie / Properties

Does the title have to validate the two choices of a line for with the 10 ?

Another example, compared to capture 2 if a title with two lines of rules 10 does that give it a value 20?

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2024-03-08 150502.png
    Capture d'écran 2024-03-08 150502.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Capture d'écran 2024-03-08 1505023.png
    Capture d'écran 2024-03-08 1505023.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 29
Currently it works like this: each single line is OR operation, that is, "Include: TagA, TagB" reads as "include only tracks with TagA and/or TagB".
If you add two separate lines, "Include: TagA" and "Include: TagB" then it reads as "include only tracks that have both TagA and TagB".
Same thing for the "Exclude" rule.

This way it seems to cover all cases when with AND or OR operations.
okkk but it will be for me more logical to do the same thing but like I said. If you have Incluse[TAG A,TAG B] it should be working like including a song with A AND B, not songs with A + songs with B.
if I'd known sooner....

Thanks Dmitri

Does the title have to validate the two choices of a line for with the 10 ?
Those tag lists are processed as AND operation, that is, for the rule to work a track must contain (or not contain, based on what option you use) ALL of the selected tags there.

Another example, compared to capture 2 if a title with two lines of rules 10 does that give it a value 20?
It checks all the rules in the list, and applies all that are suitable for a track. If a track has tags DataA and DataB then rules ##1 and 3 apply, so it'll have a priority of 20.

okkk but it will be for me more logical to do the same thing but like I said. If you have Incluse[TAG A,TAG B] it should be working like including a song with A AND B, not songs with A + songs with B.
If you need tracks that have both TagA and TagB then you need to define two rules, one with TagA and second one with TagB.

Back