Separate tags into several categories

Altec

Hi Djsoft Team,

I think someone has purposed this a long time ago but.

I wanted to suggest to separate tags in categories, to make it easier to read the database, and it could be interesting in the database and Pi Generator.

For example, I have tags for song ambiant like Sad, Happy, Smart, Vulgar, Modern, Old, Summer and I have tempo/ambiance rendering tags like Soft / Medium / High / Soft --> Medium / Soft --> High etc

Moreover, In the tag filtering in Database we can Include or Exlude but we can't Include and Exclude tags, and it could be also interesting to be able to addition tags in Pi generator Pro like : Include --> Top 40/Happy (meaning like in database when you select multiple tags the songs select should have the two tags to be selected).

I can give you screenshoot to be more clear

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

How many tags do you have in total? Currently it allows moving tags in the list, so you can group them as you wish.

How many tags do you have in total? Currently it allows moving tags in the list, so you can group them as you wish.
The problem is for reading on the BDD, the tags are listed by alphabetic order. And it's more difficult to read the informations like this it will be better to have for example 3 categories of tags. like for example Popularity (Gold, Classic, TOP 40, New, Hits) Ambiance (Soft, Medium, High) Mood (Happy, Sad, Old, Strange, Vulgar, Summer, Winter, Weekend)

You understand what I'm asking ?

Thanks

You can name tags, I know many users do it, e.g. Mood: Sad, Mood: Neutral, and so on for each category. Tags are not sorted alphabetically in the list, you can rearrange them as you want in the list, like group tags from same "category" together.

You can name tags, I know many users do it, e.g. Mood: Sad, Mood: Neutral, and so on for each category. Tags are not sorted alphabetically in the list, you can rearrange them as you want in the list, like group tags from same "category" together.
Seeing this, how crazy would it be to group the tags? Example: "Music tags" within this group: genres, years, categories, etc. "tags ids": swp/id new music - classic swp/id, etc. "commercial tags" "mood tags" etc I think this would help a lot when you have too many tags and need to better organize the additional tag list so that depending on the use, you can select a complete group of tags for use.

The tags window should look similar to how they are grouped in the events window

Yes you can rearrange it in the Tag editor Windows but not in the Database Collumns.

Example in my test studio with a little amount of tags, you can notice that I use tags to separates my categories of tags :

1709730872071.png

In the Database it's not easy to read :

1709730940063.png

The tags are listed A/Z and it's not possible to list the informations by the relevance.

Thanks

The tags window should look similar to how they are grouped in the events window
Currently that's not really possible without major rework of the tags window. Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

The tags are listed A/Z and it's not possible to list the informations by the relevance.
I see. The tags list (in the tag assign window) is not sorted - you can arrange those tags manually. But it seems that the tags when they are shown, are sorted. I think those should also be shown in the user defined order.

I see. The tags list (in the tag assign window) is not sorted - you can arrange those tags manually. But it seems that the tags when they are shown, are sorted. I think those should also be shown in the user defined order.
Gotcha, exactly Dmitry

Currently that's not really possible without major rework of the tags window. Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.
:( And just be able to set separators like I did with tags like --------Popularity-------- ---------Mood------------ etc. But it will be better off course to have differents tags categories to have a more clean readability.

Best regards

Back