time calculation serious problem , help

Good news that we will switch RB to use XML playlists, those can store much more information and duration will be in milliseconds.

sounds good  :) .. you should award me for pointing over this bug  ;D

Adding new settings and options is not always good. If we add every option being asked for, the program will be bloated.

i totally agree with you with this , simplicity is required , and Rb has it , but you know almost all of the pro. programs have advanced settings arranged in away that doesn't conflict with the simplicity that much ..

and you know, i was taking about a serious problem , start time accuracy , i haven't know of any official radio station that doesn't take the start time accuracy that serious  ???

you know , okay don't make a menu or such thing , you can make that button to appear in a specific tool , let's take GapKiller again as an example , once i open it i can see some settings , you can put that button on it as this format : " missed ms you expect    |  for : each track\playlist  ", now if anyone opens the GapKiller and see this button , do you think he will see this as a complex thing ? , even if he doesn't want it , i don't want those settings you've put in the GapKiller and just set them to run in " normal " mode , but i of course dont see those settings unwanted , its good to have advanced settings , u may need them someday , another one may need them , they are just good settings , so just take them or leave them .. and i can assure you , almost everyone will love this button ..  :)

and you know , automatic functioning is good and make it easy and simple , but as you told , it cant run with each tool yet and you are working hard to make it do , so am just suggesting temporary solutions ..

regards

pety said:
Xml playlist sounds very good. What about diacritics (utf-8)?
Those already supported in .m3u8 playlists (and they are used by default). Do you have any problems with diacritics?

moh001, for tracks which should start at specified time it's much easier to use scheduler. I don't think we should add Start Time calculation settings to the Gap Killer because it's kind of weird... why the Gap Killer window has settings for start time calculation? That's the point when program became monstrous and uneasy to follow.

This is how I see it: we currently have fast and automatic start time calculation. A menu item can be added to perform precise and slow calculation. Or maybe a menu item to switch between fast and slow methods. We'll do some tests here and figure out what's better.

I have problem with diacritics from the beginning. No ?????. When a folder or a track has diacritics .m3u8 playlist overwrite ? with t, ? with s etc. And that track, of course, is not played. Our solutions was to write the name of the folders and tracks without diacritics.

We can manage with that (no diacritics for folders and tracks). We would like time syncronisation. I told you. We had "Wings". An antique Radio Automation Software wich emulated DOS in Windows 98, on a Intel Pentium at 200Mhz. It was the best for time syncronisation. I can't believe that you cannot make it. It doesn't matter what you say. I can see only excuses  :mad: . I can wait...

Update

I know people who wants to buy RB with time syncronisation, but not without it.

pety said:
I have problem with diacritics from the beginning. No ?????. When a folder or a track has diacritics .m3u8 playlist overwrite ? with t, ? with s etc. And that track, of course, is not played. Our solutions was to write the name of the folders and tracks without diacritics.
I just tried naming a folder "?????" and also renamed an mp3 file as well. It was correctly added to the playlist, playlist was saved and then reloaded. File name remains correct. It can be played, its tags are displayed as well.
Which means you don't need to remove diacritics from folders.

As for time sync - this feature is in the queue. There's a chance that it will be added in RadioBOSS 5.0.

Attachments

• 3-13-2013 10-46-35 PM.png
    3-13-2013 10-46-35 PM.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 469
  • diacritics.m3u8
    74 bytes · Views: 333
That's in theory. Look what practice says : attach image

Attachments

• diacritics.jpg
    diacritics.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 473
pety said:
That's in theory. Look what practice says : attach image
Probably you have modified playlist somewhere else and saved it with ANSI encoding. Or you're using .m3u (not .m3u8). I posted a screenshot in my previous post and you see all the characters are correct and track is playing...

radiodungog said:
Dmitry,

What is the difference between m3u and m3u8 ?

Jamie C.
Diacritics and a lot of characters wich are not corecly displayed in .m3u are shown in .m3u8

Back