Track duration

MFM

Hi Dmitry,
If I have a folder that has tracks with a range of durations, 15 mins to 70 mins (or any other duration)
Is there any way to tell radio boss to choose only a certain range, for example 40 mins or 40 to 45mins.
I tried the option shown in the photo attached for 3 minutes but it didn't work. Even I chose 3mins, it generated all range of durations 2,3,4 & 5mins.
If there is no option like this can it be added in the future.
Thank you

Attachments

• 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 59
Yes as shown in the photo, I used the duration filter in the playlist generator, it didn't work. I chose 3 minutes as a test but when I generated the playlist it chose a whole different range of durations 2,3,4 & 5mins.
Can you please check it or if any one is using this feature and it's working fine let me know, probably I am doing something wrong
Thank you

Last edited:
Sorry Dmitry
Also is it possible in the future to to add (range of time) in the duration feature. For example choose files between 3 and 5 minutes
Thank you

Yes as shown in the photo, I used the duration filter in the playlist generator, it didn't work. I chose 3 minutes as a test but when I generated the playlist it chose a whole different range of durations 2,3,4 & 5mins.
Can you please show the filter configuration in the Playlist Generator so we can test it here? What RadioBOSS version do you use?

Hi, sorry I was on a leave.
Please see photo attached. I selected 3 minutes, but as you can see on the side after I generated the list, there were a range of durations.
Probably I am doing something wrong.
We are using the latest version 6.3.3.0
Thank you

Attachments

• 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 52
This is not a duration filter, it specifies the duration of the category. Filters are located on the Filters tab.

Thank you.
I nearly read the whole manual but it doesn't say much about the duration and it's hard to remember everything. :giggle:
Again thanks for your help.

Yea I know thank you, it mentions about filters but it doesn't explain anything about duration. Anyway it's clear from it's title "Track duration".
I think that I missed it Just because I was reading the whole manual quickly and it's not mentioned on it's own.
It's all clear now thank you.🌹

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 47
Yes, the manual explains some additional values for filters like prev value for year filter. Looks like it's not perfect, but that's what the forum is for.

Reactions: MFM
Hi Dmitry,
In regards to this option I tried to choose a duration of 30 minutes to a specific category which has files of duration ranging between 2 mins and 2 hours. It happened many times when I generate the list it has files way longer than 30 minutes. sometimes 1hour&30 minutes and sometimes few files which their duration is around 45 minutes.
Please see photos attached, I circled what was chosen from this category.
Thank you
This is not a duration filter, it specifies the duration of the category. Filters are located on the Filters tab.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 41
Duration of the category means that the playlist generator will select tracks (from track source) to match or exceed the duration. If track source has tracks that 1 hour or more in duration, they can be selected, too. If you want to prevent that, you can open the Filters tab and configure the duration filter.

Thanks for your reply
When I use the duration filter it only chooses one track for the duration specified
Also when I tried to specify a duration for a list generated from few categories with the playlist generator (for example 4 hours) most of the times it comes up as 4 hours and 40 mins or more sometimes around 3 hour and 30 mins.
Any other ideas? Thank you again

When I use the duration filter it only chooses one track for the duration specified
Duration filter only filters the source tracks, leaving only those that match the filter criteria. It doesn't affect the resulting duration.

Also when I tried to specify a duration for a list generated from few categories with the playlist generator (for example 4 hours) most of the times it comes up as 4 hours and 40 mins or more sometimes around 3 hour and 30 mins.
It creates the playlist that is equals or exceeds the set duration.

Back