track tool setting not saving on random songs

KBRadio_THP

I have been a longtime user of RadioBoss, over 8 years now, and I have run into a tiny issue I cant seem to correct. The odd song will not allow me to save the intro times, mix time etc. In the past and with other tracks I have gone back and re saved the song, replacing the existing and it often works to clear whatever was stopping it. However not always. So even though I open Track tool and it displays what I have input, that information is not displayed in the master playlist. Any thoughts?

New versions of RadioBOSS store this information in the database - and saving to it never fails. Prior versions stored data in the APEv2 tag, which required to modify track's tags to save additional data.

If your file is FLAC or WAV than this can be a problem, because their tags do not support APEv2 and it's saved to an alternate data stream instead. What format is the file for which the data is not saved? Also, does Track Tool show any error messages?

New versions of RadioBOSS store this information in the database - and saving to it never fails. Prior versions stored data in the APEv2 tag, which required to modify track's tags to save additional data.

If your file is FLAC or WAV than this can be a problem, because their tags do not support APEv2 and it's saved to an alternate data stream instead. What format is the file for which the data is not saved? Also, does Track Tool show any error messages?
All files are MP3 format, I have run into that issue with the other file formats. I am not getting any error messages. Its not the end of the world, just a curious anomaly

All files are MP3 format, I have run into that issue with the other file formats. I am not getting any error messages. Its not the end of the world, just a curious anomaly
If it's not able to save the information, it will show an error message.
What "additional information storage" do you use? You can check it in RadioBOSS Settings, General, "Additional info storage location" option.

I use the default setting, APEv2, and have never changed that. Its not that it is not saving the information. I am setting the intro length, mix point and end time in general for every track. It will save that on the file, when i re open the track tool, the information is all there. Where it doesnt show is on the main playlist, I display the Intro time as one of my columns. Even though the track data shows it on the file, it won't display on the playlist. A couple songs I have gone back, saved again, thinking it will clear all the previous settings, and then add the intro etc back in. In some cases it works in some it doesn't.

If you call Track Tool from within the playlist, it will update information after you close it. But if Track Tool is called outside of RadioBOSS (started directly, or from Music Library) then information in the playlist will not be updated until track is played, or playlist reloaded, or some other event occurs that will trigger info update. You can trigger it manually from Playlist->Extra->Reload track info menu command.

Back