Tracks per hour report

howebzar

Hi,
I just submitted my license returns based on the report from Centova Cast, however for this last quarter (Q4 2014) the "Tracks per hour" seems to have doubled.
Previously I was showing about 27 tracks per hour, which seems a bit high, but in Q4 it jumps to 54 tracks per hour.
This may be the result of running a second mount point in Q4, but I have since terminated that and only run one mount point...but the report is still showing high numbers even based on only yesterday.

This is going to cause me a major problem with the authorities so I'm hoping there is a simple and quick resolution.

many thanks.
Steve Howe
CrowZone Radio

I looked in the zip report file from Centova, and it seems that most (but not all) tracks are being reported twice. Firstly with no duration (or maybe 1 second) and then with a normal duration. Of course this will count as two plays and so is messing up my tracks per hour.
Any ideas?

I'm not sure why this happens. It could well be another mount point you had set up. It looks like a bug in Centovacast. Please let me know if the problem is still there in the next quarter.

I have tracked down when it seems to start - 1st Nov 2014 at 20:41

I will look to see if I can find anything significant about that time, but it does not coincide with having two mounts (as that was in October)

Attachments

• Crowzone report.PNG
    Crowzone report.PNG
    52.6 KB · Views: 876
howebzar said:
I have tracked down when it seems to start - 1st Nov 2014 at 20:41

I will look to see if I can find anything significant about that time, but it does not coincide with having two mounts (as that was in October)
I've contacted Centova support regarding this, and they told that Icecast reports tracks each time for each mount. E.g. if you have 2 mount points, you'll have 2 entries for each track...

I would understand that, but I only have one mount (I deleted the second one in Nov/December I think)...there's certainly only one mount defined now and it's still reporting high numbers of tracks per hour (40+ would suggest an average track of just over a minute!).
Does deleting the mountpoint actually remove the definition for Centova?

howebzar said:
I would understand that, but I only have one mount (I deleted the second one in Nov/December I think)...there's certainly only one mount defined now and it's still reporting high numbers of tracks per hour (40+ would suggest an average track of just over a minute!).
Does deleting the mountpoint actually remove the definition for Centova?
It should, but something could remain. You can see how many mount points are really active if you click "Admin" link on the left - it will open Icecast admin page. If you like we can pass your account to Centova staff, so they will take a look at what's wrong.

Hi, I thought I would "give it some time" but still seeing high "tracks per hour".

I have just looked at my feb report and I'm pretty sure it is reporting for both the AutoDJ and /Live stream in one report, so the durations are pretty short (I checkd one track that is 4:01 and in the report it shows as 2:48)
I also note the times are 3 hours out (timezone) even though I have set GMT in the admin settings. I have noted this on the graphs too so they are pretty useless.

I would be happy for you to share my logs etc with Centova support.

I can forward the request to them. Will it be OK for you if I let them access to your account (in case they need it) to check the issue?

Hi - my apologies for the slow reply...yes of course you may pass my details to Centova for their admins to better understand the issue.
My suspicion is that it is counting the AutoDJ tracks as well as the tracks from RadioBoss, but I only have one external mountpoint defined to the listeners so this is not accurate.

howebzar said:
Hi - my apologies for the slow reply...yes of course you may pass my details to Centova for their admins to better understand the issue.
My suspicion is that it is counting the AutoDJ tracks as well as the tracks from RadioBoss, but I only have one external mountpoint defined to the listeners so this is not accurate.
We've already report that issue to them - it's how Icecast server works, it mixes titles from both Live source and AutoDJ and both of them go to report. Centova staff didn't offer any solution.

Back