Traffic Info (TA)

AnJay

I can't find any information about TA. Current cars have a TA function that automatically tunes to the station when a radio station sends a TA flag. How/if RadioBoss can be set to send a TA (traffic information) signal, for example: on the receiver to pause the CD or retune to receive traffic information. I don't see such a function anywhere in the RB settings, do I need an additional script? Does anyone know or have solved such a system for sending TA signals?

RadioBOSS doesn't have such a feature, you'd need to use a separate software for this task.

Maybe we could think about such a function in subsequent versions of RB. Many radio stations use RB and they were probably happy to have this option.

I think it is a function for RDS software. MagicRDS for example..
AnJay Could it be fired with a file type? so that RB communicates to the software when the TA music curtain is played

Maybe we could think about such a function in subsequent versions of RB. Many radio stations use RB and they were probably happy to have this option.
For this to work, RadioBOSS will need to support RDS first - and I'm not sure when/if this is going to be added. It's pretty complex, and also there are existing software and plugins that can handle it (can be used together with RadioBOSS) - so I'm not sure if we need to implement our own solution here.

Back