Updating Artwork on DNAS v2

Christian

Hi,

RB is able to include artwork on DNAS v2. But is there a way of force the update when the artwork is not in the mp3 file. Same question when using the feature to send taskname as title instead of file tag information.
It could be either using RB API, an external tool or script?

Thanks.
Christian

Christian,

I think a feature can be added: "send this picture when a track doesn't have artwork included".

Also interesting idea about artwork for event - I've added it to the request list.

Thx Dmitry,

In the mean time to you know a method to make the update? some king of external tool? A php script ? Do you know where I could get documentation ?

Thx
Christian

Unfortunately, I don't have any ready-to-use PHP example for this.

SHOUTcast protocol is described here: http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_2_(Ultravox_2.1)_Protocol_Details

Hi Dmitry,

Thx. Just glance at it but it seems too far from my understanding. :(
I will wait until you realese an API on RB for that.
One usage exemple far that could also be being able to upadate both metadata and artwork from external script/tool to update information during the broadcast of a podcast. Or being able to update in displayed during a 1 hour live broadcast to display tracks info that are manually entered by a DJ.

Regards
Christian

OK - an API command to update metadata (including artwork) will be included in the next release.

I have tried Media Monkey and this worked for me using control L it searches Amazon and updates with art work drawback is you have to do it for each album

The process is to download Media Monkey it is like win Amp, then import your library into Media Monkey
Then select each album and update tag using CTRL L and auto update tags, then save each album Then re import the album in RB  library and your album art should now be in your RB

hope this helps

Back