USB Microphone crashes

jeiben

Hello,

some of our presenters and myself have had a problem with the USB microphone in RadioBoss for a while.

We are during our broadcast either in Teamspeak 3 or in Discord. At the beginning of the show, after the first announcement, the microphone no longer works, as if it crashes. The music gets quieter, but there is no announcement anymore. After a restart of RadioBoss the announcements work again.

By the way, this only happens when I am logged into either Teamspeak or Discord. If I am not logged in there then the RadioBoss works properly.

kind reagards

We are during our broadcast either in Teamspeak 3 or in Discord. At the beginning of the show, after the first announcement, the microphone no longer works, as if it crashes. The music gets quieter, but there is no announcement anymore. After a restart of RadioBoss the announcements work again.
Do you see any error messages about "input" in the log window (bottom left corner)? The message could appear when you start RadioBOSS or when you press the MIC button.

By the way, this only happens when I am logged into either Teamspeak or Discord. If I am not logged in there then the RadioBoss works properly.
In this case, it's possible that those programs initialize the microphone in "exclusive" mode - any other software (e.g. RadioBOSS) can't use it because the device will be busy.

In this case, it's possible that those programs initialize the microphone in "exclusive" mode - any other software (e.g. RadioBOSS) can't use it because the device will be busy.
No error message appears, the microphone just does not work anymore

Do you see any error messages about "input" in the log window (bottom left corner)? The message could appear when you start RadioBOSS or when you press the MIC button.

But it works fine for many others, and after the crash and a restart it works without problems

When you say "crash" what does it mean, does it show any error messages, what happens?
The microphone no longer works, there is no error message. I then always hear from the listeners that I can no longer be heard.

The microphone no longer works, there is no error message. I then always hear from the listeners that I can no longer be heard.
When you speak, the level indicator in RadioBOSS will show you that the sound presents.
Currently I can't offer you any real solution for this. It looks like a weird conflict with the other software and/or driver. You can try using a different mode in RadioBOSS for MIC - e.g. try DirectSound instead of WASAPI.

Yes, I also think it is a USB driver conflict. In the meantime, I use my cell phone to access Teamspeak, but that can't be a permanent solution. I will try it again with different mods. If it works, I will inform you.

kind reagards

now the microphone also already crashes at different mode settings. It's tedious and exhausting and I do not want to give up Teamspeak 3 because of the RadioBoss. I ask for a solution suggestion.

Hi, try to use the microphone with the Voicemeeter Banana virtual mixer (free), there are several video tutorials. You need to see the related input-output settings (Voicemeeter + Radioboss, Teamspeak 3, etc. etc.) Greetings

now the microphone also already crashes at different mode settings. It's tedious and exhausting and I do not want to give up Teamspeak 3 because of the RadioBoss. I ask for a solution suggestion.
I'm not sure why there are problems with Teamspeak, it's not our software, and from RadioBOSS perspective we can't do anything, it does the usual system API calls to handle the microphone - nothing we can really change there.

Well the problem will be that the USB driver in RadioBoss crashes when another application accesses it, because in the end the microphone in RadioBoss doesn't react anymore, all other applications, including Teamspeak, have no problems with it, they still work fine.

Well the problem will be that the USB driver in RadioBoss crashes when another application accesses it, because in the end the microphone in RadioBoss doesn't react anymore, all other applications, including Teamspeak, have no problems with it, they still work fine.
This happens with both modes - DirectSound and ASIO?

What else comes to my mind, this error happens on Icecast, while Shoutcast is not affected by it

What else comes to my mind, this error happens on Icecast, while Shoutcast is not affected by it
This looks like to be a very configuration-specific problem - I don't think we can do anything about it from RadioBOSS side, I'm sorry.

Back