Using FTP to access news service?

DjDominic

Is there a "how to" on using FTP to access a news service site? We just subscribed to Feature News Story and they can provide FTP access. Not sure where to start on how to get RB to access it and download it and then put it in the playlist. Is that possible? Thank you.

Can you please specify what's not working? When you use the download command, you can specify the full path to where it will save the downloaded file.

I kept getting an error that said access denied. I gave the folder(it is on an external usb ssd) full permissions so it can be read or wrote to but I still kept getting the access denied error.

It means the file can't be written to for some reason. It doesn't have anything to do with RadioBOSS - if the OS does not let write to the file, then it can only report the error.

I also had this problem with the Laut.fm news
I first had to create an MP3 file in the folder with the name of the message file you specified in the events and give this file all rights
The command in the event:
download https: // bluewolf-radio: xxx-28d6-xxx-0d11@api.radioadmin.laut.fm/news/1 C: \ Program Files \ RadioBOSS \ Nachrichten \ Nachrichten.mp3

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 220
Thank you Patrick. I was able to get it to work. I didn't add .mp3 to the command line and that's what was causing the issue.

So my next question is... When the scheduler downloads the file can it add the date and time to the file name? The news service updates regularly throughout the day and I want to keep my downloaded files. The name of the file now is fns30.mp3 but is there a way to make it fns30"date""time" ? Time being the time when it was downloaded.

One other reason to use the date time is what if the scheduler downloads the the file while it is playing on air? Will it wait till the current file finishes on air or will it download and try and save while it is airing?

When the scheduler downloads the file can it add the date and time to the file name? The news service updates regularly throughout the day and I want to keep my downloaded files.
You can instruct it to do so using the file name macro, e.g.

download https://example.com/file.mp3 C:\Path\?yyyy-?mm-?dd_?hh.mp3

It will create the files named like C:\Path\2021-05-20_10.mp3 (depending on current date/time). You can read more about the macro here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

One other reason to use the date time is what if the scheduler downloads the the file while it is playing on air? Will it wait till the current file finishes on air or will it download and try and save while it is airing?
always shedule to download the file a couple of minutes before it should go on air

what if the scheduler downloads the the file while it is playing on air
This is possible, but in a slightly different way: you can use the Playlist-Add URL (or use a scheduled event and make it play network stream) and specify the address of the track. It will be played without downloading, like a network stream.
Then you can use a separate event to download and save the file for archiving purposes.

Back