voice tracking

Hello,
When voice tracking, will the playback device be set to the same one used to pre-listen to a track, or is it the main output? Also, for voice tracking, can I set a different device as mic? I ask this, because I don't want to effect the main mix going out on air.
Are there assigned keyboard shortcuts to start outgoing track, start recording, start imcoming track, stop recording, etc? Previous system I used, this could all be done via the space bar. So, first space would start outgoing track. Next space would start recording. Next space then starts incoming track. Last space stops recording. Then, you could use the letter p to play it back and make sure it sounds like you want. Then x would exit the vt recorder, or if you wanted, another space would do the same. Also, previous system had the ability to add an instrumental background track if the voice track would be rather lengthy. Can this be done? So, in that case, it would just be a few more presses of the space bar added to the mix, to start background after starting recording, and another to fade background and go in to incoming track.
If these things are not possible right now, I hope they can be implemented at some point, even if you don't implement them in the exact same way. I really really like your program, and find it works incredibly well, but there are some things I either haven't figured out yet, or they are just not possible yet, and I am trying to figure out what I can and can not do currently.

One thing you could do differently is just letting us use our previously defined jingles in the vt recorder, so spaces to do all the other actions I mentioned, then a number to start the jingle. I don't know if others do this, but I use the jingles for instrumental tracks I can talk over, so that would be ideal in the voice track recorder.

When voice tracking, will the playback device be set to the same one used to pre-listen to a track, or is it the main output? Also, for voice tracking, can I set a different device as mic?
Voice tracks are played on the main device, as any other tracks in the playlist.

Are there assigned keyboard shortcuts to start outgoing track, start recording, start imcoming track, stop recording, etc? Previous system I used, this could all be done via the space bar.
We will add keyboard shortcuts to voice track recorder, thank you for the suggestion.

Also, previous system had the ability to add an instrumental background track if the voice track would be rather lengthy
You can configure Voice Track Bed in the settings to make this happen.

Back