VOICE TRACKING

Please also note that voice tracks are not intended to be used the way you use them (manual mix with Segue Editor). The idea is to have Intro/Outro points set for music files, and then RadioBOSS automatically places voicetrack so it ends before vocals in the song start.

Thanks Dmitry, found the converted files. So why is my VT's being saved as a .wav file? When I do convert the file it doesn't change a thing its still a .wav file on my playlist. I see the converted files so do, I have to drag and drop my files now? Just tired it and it worked. I can now save the File type. I changed the location to Voicetracks
I now have intros and Outros in my play list and it works great!
You said If your voice tracks are WAV files, then it's due to a recent change in RadioBOSS  doesn't save tag info for WAV files to avoid corruption.
Will this be fixed in the next version?

Got it now! Thanks for your patience Vic

vmoyneur said:
Thanks Dmitry, found the converted files. So why is my VT's being saved as a .wav file?
Saving in WAV is the faster way when you record a voice track, as it doesn't require encoding the file. It's also faster to edit such a file. That's why we decided to use WAV for voice tracks.

vmoyneur said:
When I do convert the file it doesn't change a thing its still a .wav file on my playlist. I see the converted files so do, I have to drag and drop my files now?
Yes, it doesn't change the playlist entry. It just saves the converted file to another folder. You'll have to add it to the playlist if you need to use the converted file.

vmoyneur said:
You said If your voice tracks are WAV files, then it's due to a recent change in RadioBOSS  doesn't save tag info for WAV files to avoid corruption.
Will this be fixed in the next version?
Unlikely. WAV has a very limited tagging support, some programs do not support it at all and consider files with RIFF tag as corrupted. It is possible to add artist/title fields, but adding some complex information, like custom crossfades and other info is nearly impossible. As I said before, voice tracks are not intended to be used with the crossfade editor. The purpose of the voice tracking feature is to automatically insert voice tracks in the intro/outro portion of music tracks, with zero manual intervention :)

Dmitry, It's been working well for me but every once in awhile the VT will not play. I have a Stager with a 11 second bed. At 10 I set my Mix point to set off the VT. If I set the Stager to Outro it doesn't see it. At either setting it skips the VT. I go to the Crossfader the VT is grey and the fade points look like a Z with a long tail to the left of the VT causing it not to play. If I move around those points it turns green then I have to line everything up to play. It's still a wav file and the VT fade at the end so I go to remove custom fade and it works.
Worked great going into commercial with a intro. Once I hit Crossfade to see how it line up the VT looked like a Z so closed it out and went to play it, it skipped the VT. So, I'm back at the Crossfade to fix it up. As long as I don't mess with crossfade works fine.
Going into a stop set VT ran fine but it wants to start the commercial early. Tried some changes in the commercial...start and stop didn't help. So it's back to the Crossfader to fix and play right.
I'm not a Radio Station, I do a Syndicated show so I have the time to move around tracks to make it work. But not marking start and Stop marks on the VT just makes it harder to line up and play in the Crossfader when needed. I also like to be able to change the VT file Type and color code it like the rest of my commercials, Jingles and Sweepers. We should be able to do that.

As I told before, you shouldn't be using crossfade editor with voice tracks. Voice tracks are treated in a special way, they are automatically placed in the intro-outro portions of the tracks.

You should either:

1. Do not use crossfade editor for voice tracks at all. Just set Intro and Outro for all your music tracks and the rest is calculated automatically. This is the preferred way and that's how the voice track feature is intended to be used.

2. Convert your voice tracks to mp3 and store them out of voice tracks folder (so that they will not be treated as voice tracks). Then use the crossfade editor to mix them manually, set custom file types etc.

Mixing both ways will do no good :)

Dmitry, I am still having problems. All my music has a Start point, intro and outro. I even had to do the same on commercials so they wont start in the middle of a Voice Track. I cut my VT save it as a wave file and insert. Well every VT I cut, I still have to go back to the Cross Fade editor and move the VT Points around until it's green then line it up and save. Then I have to go to track tool again to remove the cross fade so it won't fade out my VT! Then, I have to use the Crossfader again to line up the next music track because the track before is showing no Outro to mix the next song when in dose have all the right points. NO END marks on any of my tracks.
I HAVE TO DO THIS WITH EVERY VOICE TRACK STILL, sorry just frustrated. What am I doing wrong? My older version worked fine without all the intros. I used the Outros, Mix and End. The only time I need the Crossfader was for going into Stop Sets.
Right now it couldn't even do a simple Music to VT into Music. The VT wouldn't play. Again I opened the Crossfader and the VT was not green and the points had to be moved to make it playable.
Thanks ???

Please send music files and voice tracks that does not play correctly to support@djsoft.net, we'll test it here.

Back