Voip Enabled

mikenico

I thought of an idea, why not incorporate a VoIP system within Radio Boss, as to has a talkback with listeners. would save 3rd party software that's for sure.

mikenico said:
I thought of an idea, why not incorporate a VoIP system within Radio Boss, as to has a talkback with listeners. would save 3rd party software that's for sure.
That would be GREAT if...

The idea is, actually, great. But the VoIP feature will require listeners to install some sort of a "client module" so they could connect to RB and talk - I'm not sure if it is very convenient for them.

Could the client module not  part of radio boss's own system, I would not have any problems having an Radio Boss account in VOIP if that meant the case. I not a programmer so I would not know the complexity but , it did came to be wow what a system you guys would have.

djsoft said:
The idea is, actually, great. But the VoIP feature will require listeners to install some sort of a "client module" so they could connect to RB and talk - I'm not sure if it is very convenient for them.
If I want to make a Podcast I will teach the caller how to install the "client module". I will install on his PC that client module through teamviewer. So, for me it is not a problem. I want it :)

The main technical problem is that VoIP module needs to connect to RadioBOSS - which means, that computer where RB is installed has to have a static IP address (or some sort of dynamic DNS configured - I'm not sure how stable it is, though). The idea is interesting, and if client module is not a problem, I think it can be added to RB at some point in the future.

djsoft said:
The main technical problem is that VoIP module needs to connect to RadioBOSS - which means, that computer where RB is installed has to have a static IP address (or some sort of dynamic DNS configured - I'm not sure how stable it is, though). The idea is interesting, and if client module is not a problem, I think it can be added to RB at some point in the future.
That will be great. Untill then I can use successfuly this way:
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3915.0.html

djsoft said:
good idea, maybe the client module can be done in Flash or Java, and then include it in the website of the station. (and this technology is not necessary to install anything on the client) :)

pety said:
That will be great. Untill then I can use successfuly this way:
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3915.0.html
The VoIP module, if built, will make things easier, e.g. you/your guests won't have to create Skype accounts.

nelson c said:
good idea, maybe the client module can be done in Flash or Java, and then include it in the website of the station. (and this technology is not necessary to install anything on the client) :)
Good point, thanks for idea! All this is added to the future request list.

TS3 team speak Ventrilo and all those can do this Raid call and more why the need of a this I don't see the point this will eliminate Voice Meeter wont it also wont be stereo and quality Voice meeter puts your  voice out as stereo this will kill it wont it?

WBGS-Founder said:
TS3 team speak Ventrilo and all those can do this Raid call and more why the need of a this I don't see the point this will eliminate Voice Meeter wont it also wont be stereo and quality Voice meeter puts your  voice out as stereo this will kill it wont it?
The point is that the integrated VoIP module will eliminate the need in external programs.

I think the challenge would be handling the "pre-call" piece...when the listener dials in before going live. You'd want to do the welcome bit "off-air" I would think...but it is certainly worth looking at (I guess if you could route to the pre-listen output and then route to main output when ready).

And also some kind of voice, so that listeners can leave messages if there is no operator at the time. or if you want to issue the so-called later.

They are just ideas ...

howebzar said:
I think the challenge would be handling the "pre-call" piece...when the listener dials in before going live. You'd want to do the welcome bit "off-air" I would think...but it is certainly worth looking at (I guess if you could route to the pre-listen output and then route to main output when ready).
This is possible, of course. Noted.

nelson c said:
And also some kind of voice, so that listeners can leave messages if there is no operator at the time. or if you want to issue the so-called later.
This is not essential feature, but I think also will be added in RB.

Only issue I can foresee is anytime I have tried to use my mic live, I always have a slight delay. enough to mess me up when I have the headphones on. so in order to interact with any given caller there would be a delay there as well and effect your on air conversation unless there is a way to get rid of the delay in my headphones. Any ideas?

You can turn off echo, so you only hear the people you're talking to but not hear yourself.

How do I turn off echo when I have an open live mic ? the delay is always on every automation software I have ever used.......Unless I do not run mic thru automation.

thecamaroshow said:
How do I turn off echo when I have an open live mic ? the delay is always on every automation software I have ever used.......Unless I do not run mic thru automation.
You can get rid of delay if you use ASIO (both for playmack and microphone). You can also remove the echo by turning on the "Output to encoders only" option in Settings->Inputs.

Back