what is the IP number of the server?

liga

hello all the staff,
I'm trying to use a .tcl script for an Eggdrop bot, in our IRC channel. The script requests the IP number of the streaming server. Can you help me please? Are there other possibilities?

Thank you in advance and best regards.

liga

www.lafebbre.ch

I'm trying to use a .tcl script for an Eggdrop bot, in our IRC channel. The script requests the IP number of the streaming server. Can you help me please? Are there other possibilities?
You should not use IP addresses, use hostname instead, e.g. c1.radioboss.fm (change it to actual server address). IP addresses are subject to change, we do not guarantee that they will stay constant.

If you still need it, run "ping cX.radioboss.fm" command in command line, it will show you the IP address for your server.

hello dmitry,
thank you, I understand. In fact I had found the IP number of the server with that command. I wonder if the tcl script for eggdrop accepts the hostname as a parameter instead of the IP. I'm not smart enough.
Sorry for the silly questions but the enthusiasm is great.

Best regards

liga

www.lafebbre.ch

I wonder if the tcl script for eggdrop accepts the hostname as a parameter instead of the IP. I'm not smart enough.
You should try using the hostname, and in case it doesn't work (this will be really odd) use IP address.

Back