What's with the buffering?

mlmmn

When I try to play some following tracks from a continuous album it always strikes me that no matter how I manage to set the buffer, I will always and up hearing a small glitch/pause in between tracks. I always wanted to use AUX playlist for beds, but because of the issue i cannot. I made a simple video to demonstrate that in f2k this does not happen...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgN-k4rXvsI

djsoft said:
Can you please send a screenshot of Crossfades setup?
Done (all turned off). I don't think it's the cause, since in normal situation I will always set the Mix and End markers in the absolute end time of a track (or use a segue editor). Quick thought: wouldn't it be useful to have an option to add a flag 'do not mix' to the track in the playlist? (I don't mean setting a specific File Type or playing with the markers, but rather use it ad hoc in the playlist ie. right mouse click -> do not mix)

pety said:
mlmmm
What kind of behringer mixer do you have?
Well it's UCA222 connected to my private computer (which I use to test betas), but in the studio we have a M-Audio Firewire 1814 and the problem also occurs (tested on DirectSound and WASAPI).

Attachments

• crossfades.PNG
    crossfades.PNG
    10.5 KB · Views: 393
mlmmn said:
Done (all turned off). I don't think it's the cause, since in normal situation I will always set the Mix and End markers in the absolute end time of a track (or use a segue editor).
OK, I thought it could be that you use the "Trigger Mix" option, and it takes a while to scan a track, which could introduce a gap.

About the glitch. Do you hear the click if you start the second track? (not when it follows the first track, just play) You can also try setting a small overlap (0.1 s Mix point) to see if it makes things better. RadioBOSS is not designed for a gapless playback like this, to be honest - it always supposed to have a crossfade between tracks.

To help us solve this, can you please send both of those tracks to support@djsoft.net?

mlmmn said:
Quick thought: wouldn't it be useful to have an option to add a flag 'do not mix' to the track in the playlist? (I don't mean setting a specific File Type or playing with the markers, but rather use it ad hoc in the playlist ie. right mouse click -> do not mix)
It will be added in one of the next updates, I think.

djsoft said:
mlmmn said:
Done (all turned off). I don't think it's the cause, since in normal situation I will always set the Mix and End markers in the absolute end time of a track (or use a segue editor).
OK, I thought it could be that you use the "Trigger Mix" option, and it takes a while to scan a track, which could introduce a gap.

About the glitch. Do you hear the click if you start the second track? (not when it follows the first track, just play) You can also try setting a small overlap (0.1 s Mix point) to see if it makes things better. RadioBOSS is not designed for a gapless playback like this, to be honest - it always supposed to have a crossfade between tracks.

To help us solve this, can you please send both of those tracks to support@djsoft.net?
Glitch does not occur when I manually start the second track. Also, setting a small Mix point does not help. In a moment I will send you the tracks.

Thanks for your answer. I use Xenyx X1204USB with the latest drivers: BEHRINGER_2902_WIN32_2.8.40.
In the most cases RadioBOSS cannot access Behringer ASIO CP. Only if I use some tricky shots.

Back