• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS Screen Reader Accessibility  (Read 16788 times)

Nuno Costa

Re: RadioBOSS Screen Reader Accessibility
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 02:11:55 AM »
hello... how i can in a playlist with various items, marc a song with next playing track? with older versions, with aplications key, this option is available.

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 10:31:45 AM »
hello... how i can in a playlist with various items, marc a song with next playing track? with older versions, with aplications key, this option is available.
It's now called playback queue, to add track to the queue, press Q on keyboard, or use the right-click playlist menu, "Add to playback queue" command.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 10:19:06 AM »
Hi!

Thank you for your work. However, Radioboss is not very accessible with the NVDA screen reader. I have not tested with Jaws, but with nvda in the options it does not announce the settings, but for example the slider to modify (0.00DB) we do not know which option is changed. Could you correct that?

Steffen Schultz

• Powerradio4u
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2019, 03:29:43 AM »
Thank you for your work. However, Radioboss is not very accessible with the NVDA screen reader. I have not tested with Jaws, but with nvda in the options it does not announce the settings, but for example the slider to modify (0.00DB) we do not know which option is changed. Could you correct that?

You can access the level sliders by using NVDA's focus mode. To hear which slider is being modified use the object navigation (NVDA+Numpad 4 and 6). You will have to do this each time you modify the slider with arrows left or right. NVDA doesn't automatically report the status.

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2019, 05:05:14 AM »

You can access the level sliders by using NVDA's focus mode. To hear which slider is being modified use the object navigation (NVDA+Numpad 4 and 6). You will have to do this each time you modify the slider with arrows left or right. NVDA doesn't automatically report the status.
If I'm in options, if I use object navigation, nvda moves to the next slider without telling me which slider it is.
I use the latest version of radioboss ...

Steffen Schultz

• Powerradio4u
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2019, 05:33:14 AM »
If I'm in options, if I use object navigation, nvda moves to the next slider without telling me which slider it is.
Sorry, my fault. I was assuming RadioBoss Cloud from your post... I shouldn't reply when I'm not fully awake. :D

Yes, the option controls are not fully accessible, not only the sliders. Some input fields are also guesswork for screen reader users. You can try to use flat review mode in NVDA, but this sometimes isn't accurate in finding the current control.

Steffen

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2019, 07:23:13 AM »
Sorry, my fault. I was assuming RadioBoss Cloud from your post... I shouldn't reply when I'm not fully awake. :D

Yes, the option controls are not fully accessible, not only the sliders. Some input fields are also guesswork for screen reader users. You can try to use flat review mode in NVDA, but this sometimes isn't accurate in finding the current control.

Steffen
No radio boss cloud is perfect, especially since I use it on a mac. xD
But I test radioboss on windows,  it a shame ...

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 05:16:05 AM »
But I test radioboss on windows,  it a shame ...
RadioBOSS was started in 2003, so it's not that easy to make it fully accessible due to legacy. We, however, improve things in every update. The problem with sliders and input fields is noted and will be fixed soon - I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net