Auto start

Hello everybody,

I have a short question and I hope someone has the answer.

I am DJ at a internet radio station.
Is it possible that the playlist starts to play when I take over the stream (automatic).
If the other DJ stops his show I start the stream and when he shuts it down my stream starts emmediately and automatic starts to play the music.

I hope there's an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

You can use the "Start playback after having connected to a server" option in broasdcasting settings: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/broadcast.htm

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

This function does not work properly.
If another dj is streaming and I turn on the stream so my stream starts after he or she has disconnected that works, however, when I turn on broadcasting and the stream is not mine the playlist starts playing even when I am not connected to the server.

I have tested it with another stream encoder so I could turn of the stream with the other encoder and RadioBoss takes over.
Thats works fine.

But when the other decoder is decoding and I start RadioBoss with the command to connect to the server the playlist is going to play, so without the connection with the server.

What is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

(This is when I know that I am a little late and I can set up everything and when I am in my studio everything is playing right!)

Mike.

DJ MIKEYMIKE1975 said:
however, when I turn on broadcasting and the stream is not mine the playlist starts playing even when I am not connected to the server.
In this case it shouldn't start playback, instead it should show the "Unable to connect" error message. Can you please send a screenshot of RadioBOSS window when it incorrectly started playback?

Hello,

I have been testing the function, however without succes.

I have made a screenshot a few minutes ago.

Thanks

Mike.

Attachments

• printscreen radioboss.png
    printscreen radioboss.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 345
It shows that it connected successfully, and then immediately disconnected. As it was connected, the playback was started.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

Yes it connects to the server, but I do this so when the other DJ quits the stream is mine and my music can start playing.

The encoder always connects with the server, but Will be rejected if someone else is streaming.

Is there maybe a possibility that the music starts playing when the stream is connected for a few seconds or maybe should I place a command in the playlist?

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

DJ MIKEYMIKE1975 said:
The encoder always connects with the server, but Will be rejected if someone else is streaming.
In this case, the autoplay feature will not work. It actions when it's connected to the server, it doesn't check if the connection stays active.

Typically, servers do not allow connecting at all when someone else is broadcasting (this is true for Icecast and Shoutcast). The connection will be rejected if someone else is already broadcasting. Allowing to connect and then disconnect after 1-2 seconds is not typical, and RadioBOSS does not consider such a situation.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

We use Centovacast with shoutcast for our stream.
We have tried several different servers but with other encoders it's all the same effect.
Max. 1 sec connected if the stream is free to go.
Even the encoder from Winamp is connecting for less than a second.
But it is connected.

I hope there will be in the future a option to look at the stream and when the stream is stable connected for let's say 5 seconds the playlist is gonna play.
If this is not possible, I have to be in the studio when the playlist has to start.

Thanks for the info.
Mike.

DJ MIKEYMIKE1975 said:
We have tried several different servers but with other encoders it's all the same effect.
Max. 1 sec connected if the stream is free to go.
The server should not allow connecting at all when someone is already broadcasting. It appears your server is mis-configured and therefore it allows connecting for 1 second and then disconnects.

DJ MIKEYMIKE1975 said:
If this is not possible, I have to be in the studio when the playlist has to start.
Not necessary, you can use Windows Remote Desktop or other remote control software to do it remotely. Or use RadioBOSS API to control it remotely: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/remote_controlapi.htm

Back