DTMF listening Clarified

mbabb

I just wanted to have the following clarified.  Regardless of what RB is playing out, is the DTMF listening to whatever source is selected in setup?

In other words,  if RB is playing a song file and I have a scheduled event set to fade and play something else upon hearing a DTMF from the line input, RB should act on that scheduled event correct?  This would be the same if I had the DTMF listening to an internet stream instead correct?

Thanks for clarifying.

mike

mbabb said:
I just wanted to have the following clarified.  Regardless of what RB is playing out, is the DTMF listening to whatever source is selected in setup?
Yes. It processes DTMF in the background, regardless of what's playing.

mbabb said:
if RB is playing a song file and I have a scheduled event set to fade and play something else upon hearing a DTMF from the line input, RB should act on that scheduled event correct?
Yes.

mbabb said:
This would be the same if I had the DTMF listening to an internet stream instead correct?
DTMF is processed separately, even if you use network stream and play the same stream in the playlist, RadioBOSS will open two connections to that stream and use one for playback and one for DTMF. DTMF is not connected to what's happening in the playlist.

Back