• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 5.5 [beta]  (Read 148192 times)

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
Re: RadioBOSS 5.5 [beta]
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 06:06:49 AM »
Thank you this wonderful update. Many great improvements. Still hoping and praying for playlist mixdown capability :-)
Currently "mixdown" feature is nearly impossible to implement as all mixing and fading is done based on real time. We have plans on major audio engine update and after that, the mixdown feature will be added too.

Looling forward to seeing what API commands have been added.

Love the fact that the ON AIR indicator dims now if it's not connected :)
The new API commands will be listed in the updated user manual (currently we're working on it). By the way, the ON AIR was always dimmed when no encoder was connected :)
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

eddr

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 06:22:37 AM »
Really?! I hadn't noticed this I have to be honest! Any changes for what happens with multiple streams?

How do we obtain the updated user manual when it's ready, will you post a download link?

Thanks!

jopara

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 06:42:31 AM »
Hi. I commented a few things from the new version.

It's really useful to classify the types of files in a folder, so you avoid having to sort track by track.

One thing I asked on other occasions in the Progrador ad is to include a folder in rotation within this. Ie in a capeta have several tracks ad and each time a different sound. This is useful when you have several different tracks of the same advertiser.
I thought that by grouping them in the new version by categories this is solved, but simpletente is not to repeat the same ad in the same category in the same block. That can be done in the future?

Otherwise I'm testing this new version. Seguire looking to see that such things go.

Thank you.

bs online

• Experienced user
  • GER maintainer / DE Übersetzer
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 08:11:44 AM »
Suggestion

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for give us the possibility to test the improvements of the new beta.
I have had installed it few moments ago, and I like to make a suggestion about the Additional workspace are.

At first, the german translation of "Additional" is "Zusätzlicher Arbeitsbereich". So far it isn't implemented. :)

So let's go to my suggesstion (see screenshot)

1 - The title bar of the additional area doesn't contains any text. Maybe "Additional workzone" (or "Zusätzlicher Arbeitsbereich" in german) would be an idea.
2 - By minimizing the main window of RB the additional workspace minimizes, too. For computers with multiple displays this isn't useful. Maybe you should make it possible to add a separate entry to the Windows Taskbar, so that the main window can be minimized independently (like the music library).

Have a nice day
Basti
Fehler in der deutschen RadioBOSS-Übersetzung? Benachrichtige mich bitte!
Issue in german translation of RadioBOSS? Please notify me!

Skype + RadioBOSS:
https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5103.msg25499.html#msg25499

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 08:18:46 AM »
Really?! I hadn't noticed this I have to be honest! Any changes for what happens with multiple streams?
It is red if one or more encoders are connected, and it's dimmed when no connection present.

How do we obtain the updated user manual when it's ready, will you post a download link?
It will be included within one of the next updates.

One thing I asked on other occasions in the Progrador ad is to include a folder in rotation within this. Ie in a capeta have several tracks ad and each time a different sound. This is useful when you have several different tracks of the same advertiser.
I thought that by grouping them in the new version by categories this is solved, but simpletente is not to repeat the same ad in the same category in the same block. That can be done in the future?
This is not possible yet, but it's planned for the future. The Grouping feature is present only to organize adverts in the list for convenience - it doesn't affect ads placement in the final playlists.

bs online

• Experienced user
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 09:04:12 AM »
Another suggestion to my first posting

There is an Windows 10 skin implemented. But it's a bright UI. Maybe you're able to make a fully dark "Windows 10" UI? :)

Also, how seen on my screenshot, the "dark UI" does not have a effect on the tabs of the additional workspace

Skype + RadioBOSS:

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 10:13:55 AM »
se-schwarz thank you for the suggestions! I added all of them to be implemented in the next update.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 10:16:05 AM »
There is an Windows 10 skin implemented. But it's a bright UI. Maybe you're able to make a fully dark "Windows 10" UI? :)
The Windows 10 controls are light by default, so dark theme is not possible under those circumstances... You can adjust the styles in the Style settings - e.g. make the Windows 10 theme a bit darker.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 11:31:18 AM »
"Week of month" Super useful feature. But I have a question.

When run this event?: need be run only the third Sunday in September.

But I think that also will run the first of September
It will only run on the 3rd Sunday of September, because 1st of September doesn't match the week filter.
OK, works as I want to. but is half confused. Maybe would be better to fill with this case "*" the day in the date.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 11:47:18 AM »
By what I see not is added the "hour of playback" in the command geyplaylist. Is it possible that you add in this beta? I saw two users seeking the same thing not long ago in the Forum.
Yes, there's another command added: "getplaylist2" - it includes some of the playlist columns and works faster than "getplaylist".
Least note is more rapid. The problem is has less columns and would redesign software already built. It is possible to add the StartTime column a getplaylist. I will use Getplaylist2 in new developments.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 11:53:11 AM »
Quote (selected)
New priority rules: Year, Genre
I would like to increase the priority to the songs of the this year, and the year before. (is it possible to add the year macro (?yyyy)=2016/(?yyyy)-1=2015

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 12:09:26 PM »
I thought I was going to have a complete redesign of the day and start time on the Planner section.
Although they added "number week" and "ignore year", which are very useful. Occurs that several times is must run an event in several dates different and this only is possible duplicating events.

Maybe you can add something like. "Moments of start": a radiobutton that have the options "one only": works as until now. "many": the date section disappears and is replaced by a list. with the option of adding various dates for that event. (see image)

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 12:13:41 PM »
When no there is nothing selected. (should disappear those buttons)

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »
Start events since the Api is implemented? This is very important for us

bs online

• Experienced user
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2016, 12:30:17 PM »
The Windows 10 controls are light by default, so dark theme is not possible under those circumstances... You can adjust the styles in the Style settings - e.g. make the Windows 10 theme a bit darker.

Hi Dmitry,

Windows 10 supports "dark mode" UI since the last update (anniversary update), Codename "Redstone".
But it isn't important.

More important is, that RB 5.5 beta have an issue with style settings (see screenshot below).
E.g. the formatting settings for the playlists standard font doesn't have any effect to the playlist.

Configured: white text, bigger and bold (because white text on dark background is better than black text)
Effect: nothing. The text is small and black, no chance to change

Skype + RadioBOSS: