Ad scheduler playback

Is it possible to have some ads scheduled for instant playback and others enqueued in a single profile? I want those in hourly blocks to not wait for the playlist to complete a track and others played in the middle of a music playlist to wait until the current track has played...it seems cumbersome to have to place these in separate profiles...

I would have thought it could be done in the same way as scheduled events have instant and enqueued playback. Wherever possible scheduling of ads should use similar options to ordinary scheduled events so as to keep it simple.
Can this be considered for a future version? Not all ads stick to blocks (instant play) such as those in the middle of a playlist where it’s best to wait in the queue for a track to finish. Having to create a whole new profile seems a bit clumsy to me.

Per-block event configuration is not yet possible - it's common for all events in a profile. Why creating a separate profile is not a solution?

Why creating a separate profile is not a solution?
Yes it is, but if there are dozens of ads spread throughout the week its not so convenient to be swapping profiles all the time to set up the ad. For example all the ads in a block near the hour would fall into a profile that did not allow enqueuing. Ads that played in the middle of a tracklist (there are many) would be in another profile that was set permanently on enqueue. In setting this up, it would be easier if each ad could be treated the same as scheduled events are so there is less chance of an error. Please consider this as a useful improvement for a future update.

it would be easier if each ad could be treated the same as scheduled events are so there is less chance of an error
It's not really possible on a per-ad basis because all ads in the block are inserted as a single playlist, and a single event. So it may be possible to create some block-specific event properties, but surly not for individual ads.

We can live with the blocks being selected. It would be the same as scheduling a music playlist to start or enqueue wouldn’t it? This would be a useful feature thanks.

Back