Adding functionality to the 'Tag' form: 'NOT TAGGED','-TAG', 'Search' field

my64

Continuing to work in RadioBoss with the 'Tag' tool in Music Library and processing thousands of audio records with it, I would like to see additional filters in it, which are currently missing:
1. 'NOT TAGGED' is a built-in filter that only displays entries that do not have any tags.
This will make it convenient to process newly added tracks.
The reason: I ran into this problem when adding more than 6K new records, I had to look for new records by sorting by the 'Tag' column in order to select this number and already assign the necessary tags. In the case of 'NOT TAGGED', it would be enough to select these entries using the key combination 'Ctrl+A' and assign the required tag.
2. '-TAG' - enable such a combination of tags, where some tags are selected, while others should be absent.
I'll give an example:
Track tagged: Jazz|New|KPM|XMAS
Need to display: Jazz|New|KPM|-XMAS - need to display all entries in this combination, but without tracks with the tag 'XMAS'
3. Search field in the 'Tag' form. Actively using this tool, there is a need to quickly find the necessary tag in the list, which has already exceeded 60 and simply scroll to search for the desired tag or use the first letter of the name, for someone it is convenient, but on an industrial scale this is already becoming a problem. It becomes uncomfortable to work, especially when there are a lot of tags, although their combinations are a very convenient tool.
The search field filters entries immediately by the first letters typed. There are two options:
1. With the restriction of the list content display.
2. With jumping to a matching entry without delimiting the list display.

If such improvements to the 'Tag' form are appropriate, then it would be great to see this functionality in RadioBoss.

x3Ymwi.jpg

Last edited:
1. 'NOT TAGGED' is a built-in filter that only displays entries that do not have any tags.
Sorting then selecting using Shift looks like a good enough solution, I'm not sure if separate option is needed?

2. '-TAG' - enable such a combination of tags, where some tags are selected, while others should be absent.
I'll give an example:
Track tagged: Jazz|New|KPM|XMAS
Need to display: Jazz|New|KPM|-XMAS - need to display all entries in this combination, but without tracks with the tag 'XMAS'
Playlist Generator can exclude tags when creating playlists. Can you please specify a use case for this in the Music Library?

3. Search field in the 'Tag' form.
Looks interesting, I added it to our todo list.

Sorting then selecting using Shift looks like a good enough solution, I'm not sure if separate option is needed?

It is not so critical when there are few records, but when their number exceeds tens of thousands, using sorting and scrolling, and then using Shift key to select several thousands of records from 200K turns into a real pain. Imagine that you have to work with Music Library via remote connection and not always the connection quality is satisfactory. Your method works, but is exceptionally uncomfortable when dealing with a huge amount of information.

Playlist Generator can exclude tags when creating playlists. Can you please specify a use case for this in the Music Library?

I'm not talking about the generator, there is no problem with it, but about Music Library, where the main work with the material is performed. This is the reason why you want to make your work much more comfortable and have different sampling and filtering tools.
Try to work with a database with more than 200K records and add 10K new records and then try to select them with your method. The ability to use flexible filters when dealing with huge amounts of data is not a fad, but an important necessity.

This form with filters is also needed in Music Libraty
HR9gtN.jpg

This is my vision of 'Tag' form in Music Library:
ZdlViE.jpg

It is not so critical when there are few records, but when their number exceeds tens of thousands, using sorting and scrolling, and then using Shift key to select several thousands of records from 200K turns into a real pain. Imagine that you have to work with Music Library via remote connection and not always the connection quality is satisfactory. Your method works, but is exceptionally uncomfortable when dealing with a huge amount of information.
Makes sense. I'll see what can be done about it.

Thank for the ideas about tag list window, we'll also work on it.

Back