Ads Scheduler

rorie.ryan

I'm currently using the Ads Scheduler, and I'm using the Pack all tracks into a container option.

1. When the scheduled event runs, the container is inserted into the playlist and has the title (Container) 3 Items.
Is there a way this can be renamed to something meaningful like Commercial Break?

2. When the the same scheduled event runs I want the container to be a particular colour so commercial breaks stick out.
Even though I have setup the file types for commercials the container is inserted as a standard playlist item and doesn't stick out in the playlist.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. When the scheduled event runs, the container is inserted into the playlist and has the title (Container) 3 Items.
Is there a way this can be renamed to something meaningful like Commercial Break?
This is a feature we're going to add in one of the upcoming versions.

2. When the the same scheduled event runs I want the container to be a particular colour so commercial breaks stick out.
Even though I have setup the file types for commercials the container is inserted as a standard playlist item and doesn't stick out in the playlist.
The container can contain items of various file types, so it's a question in what color the container should be marked.

Thanks very much, I'm looking at implementing RadioBoss with training starting in the next couple of days. It would be great if you could implement these two improvements with the next version.

As a start if it's possible to make it an option on what colour a container is displayed be default in the playlist, this will make it identifiable in the playlist window.

Thanks very much for taking these two ideas on.

As a start if it's possible to make it an option on what colour a container is displayed be default in the playlist, this will make it identifiable in the playlist window.
If you need coloring, not using a container would be a better solution - this way ads and other items will have their file types colors.

I need to use a container so the end user cannot change the order of the ad break, using a container allows the end user to move only the container within the playlist as they only have to move one item.

If I don't use a container they can change the order of the ad break and if they have to move the ad break they have to move multiple files which is very messy.

Enabling a colour for a container would be very useful :)

I need to use a container so the end user cannot change the order of the ad break, using a container allows the end user to move only the container within the playlist as they only have to move one item.

If I don't use a container they can change the order of the ad break and if they have to move the ad break they have to move multiple files which is very messy.

Enabling a colour for a container would be very useful :)

this is a nice suggestion !!!

It's not hard to overcome. They can right-click the container item and "expand" it, then change anything they want. Or they can call the editor (right click, Tools, Edit / press Alt+F4 hot key) - and edit the container directly, without even unpacking it.

To control what users can do, you can use the account management feature: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/user_account_management.htm

Thanks for your suggestion but that will not work. Each ad break container has 9+ items, I don't want the end user to rearrange the order of the advertisements which is the reason I put them into a container. I need the ads to play as they are scheduled. I am using the account management feature and are allowing them to move the container within the playlist.

I've recently purchased 10+ licences and have been caught out by this. Is there a chance you could look at this in the next update?
I appreciate you taking this onboard.

I've recently purchased 10+ licences and have been caught out by this. Is there a chance you could look at this in the next update?
I appreciate you taking this onboard.
I'm not sure what we can do about it. If the user has rights to edit the playlist, they will be able to rearrange container items as well. Container does not protect anything.

I think the problem expressed by "rorie.ryan" is that in an AM or FM broadcasting, it is not certain that an operator can change the order of the ads, perhaps, just as there is the possibility of "disable schedule manual option", there should be another control of "disable expand container" only as security issue

Thanks very much, while it is possible to rearrange the container, they will not given the extra steps.
It's more about the container being easy to move given its only one item than moving many items, and having the container stick out in the playlist with it's own colour and giving the container a useful name when exported from the Ads scheduler so it's clear to the operator.

I think the problem expressed by "rorie.ryan" is that in an AM or FM broadcasting, it is not certain that an operator can change the order of the ads, perhaps, just as there is the possibility of "disable schedule manual option", there should be another control of "disable expand container" only as security issue
Not only expanding, container can also be edited without expanding (right-click menu), and with playlist editing rights, it can be moved or deleted from the playlist. So only disabling editing of the container doesn't seem to achieve much.

It's more about the container being easy to move given its only one item than moving many items, and having the container stick out in the playlist with it's own colour and giving the container a useful name when exported from the Ads scheduler so it's clear to the operator.
Coloring and naming will be possible in one of the upcoming updates.

Back