Adverticement Scheduler [alpha]

nelson c said:
but now there was a new one by clicking View Block, the program loses its name and form that opens is called blockform
Yes, thanks. This small bug will be fixed in the next update.

Update
- configurable playlist file name format
- block viewer integrated to the main window

It looks good progress in the program  :).

something to improve:
*When an event is labeled, the display is not updated block.
must click elsewhere and re-click on the block to see the ads added to the list.

*when the program is maximized, and skins are used, the title bar is cut.

no plans for the future that can print the lists generated?
thanks

Dmitry, probably more rows than 183 in reality.

I'm thinking that every day and every hour can have a different minute combination.  The reason for this is that every day has different requirements as to when the adverts might be broadcast.  Let me give an example.

We broadcast a 5 minute news broadcast on the hour between 6am and 8pm Monday to Friday.  The times that news goes out on Saturday and Sunday is different to that - maybe 7am to 5pm.

For us the news intro, the news and news sponsor advert adds up to 6 minutes in total - so on each of those hours the time is taken up until 6 minutes past the hour.  So we have to offset any adverts after that so they are not too close to the news.

On hours where there is no news we spread the adverts around a bit more.

Late at night we go to half the number of adverts to make it a more relaxed sound.

On Saturday and Sunday we want to go to half the number of adverts for the same reason - to make it sound more relaxed.

Currently we use the scheduler and playlists to manage our averts.  We load the advert mp3 tracks into a group of 9 different playlists and the scheduler cycles through the playlists as required.  In this advert scheduler is it possible for you to allow playlsts to be entered as well as advert files ?  This would add some extra flexibility to the system.

Thanks, Jamie C.

It'll be possible to set minutes for each hour independently, but all week days will be the same. Otherwise program will be overcomplicated and it isn't what I like it to be...

In addition to use single tracks, Track Lists (when program selects one track from folder/playlist) and playlists will be added soon as well.

djsoft said:
In addition to use single tracks, Track Lists (when program selects one track from folder/playlist) ... will be added soon as well.
This is EXACTLY what we're looking for!  Love the Scheduler but it's so hard to program different break schedules for each day of the week.  It makes my head hurt.

If you use the Adverticement Scheduler to run a random PSA to run at, say, :15 and :45 past the hour for 8 hours, will Track Lists remember the previous ones and not repeat them?  (The Scheduler does that now, but that's because it's considered a single event.)

The Track List will be used to select tracks while creating playlists in Ad Scheduler (with no-repeat feature of course) - the resulting playlists won't have track lists in them.

It seems that is complicate to create Ads with Adverticement Scheduler.
For example I cannot select more than one Ads for one hour.

Is better and faster to add Ads in playlist.

pety said:
Several ad blocks are possible in hour, and you can have any number of Ads in each block.
1) Set up blocks in the settings - select hours and minutes
2) Add ads using the Add button
3) In the grid, for each Ad select the block where you want it to be.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Several ad blocks are possible in hour, and you can have any number of Ads in each block.
1) Set up blocks in the settings - select hours and minutes
2) Add ads using the Add button
3) In the grid, for each Ad select the block where you want it to be.
Until I create a playlit with Ads Scheduler I create few playlists in clasic way (faster and easier).

An ideea. With drag&drop will be easier to add tracks in Ads Schedule, like in Panel - File Explorer from RB. And the folder for Ads can be automaticaly created at first initialisation.

About the Ideea, look at image to understand what I want to say

Not to use all Panel, but File Explorer :)

Attachments

• example_ADS.png
    example_ADS.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 686
pety said:
Until I create a playlit with Ads Scheduler I create few playlists in clasic way (faster and easier).
I can't agree with this. If you run ads 12 hours a day at 15, 30 and 45th minutes, you have to maintain 252 playlist files for a week! That's too much... If someone asks you "please put this ad so it'll run 2 times an hour" you have to edit hundreds of playlists manually to make this ad running. Same happens when you want to remove ad from the air.

pety said:
About the Ideea, look at image to understand what I want to say
Do you mean dragging ads directly to the grid?
This can be time-consuming if you need one ad to appear 3 times an hour/8 hours a day/5 days a week - for each ad you'll need to perform 8*3*5=120 drag-n-drop operations...

Drag-n-drop support will be added to allow faster adding of Ads from Windows Explorer.

upd. Maybe an integrated explorer window will be added as well.

pety said:
If I select from Explorer 10 ads I drag once :)
It'll be possible to add several ads to the list from explorer.
But to assign them a check marks in the grid have to be used.

djsoft said:
pety said:
If I select from Explorer 10 ads I drag once :)
It'll be possible to add several ads to the list from explorer.
But to assign them a check marks in the grid have to be used.
Any thing can be improved :)

Why not if I drop ads (tracks) in the box to mark itself? If the cursor is over a box, that box highlights. If drop ads in highlighted box that box become marked.

Don't kill me, it's just an ideea

Why not just mark a block by right-clicking on it? :)

Currently there are several ways to mark a block:
- double-click
- right-click
- Space key (you can also use arrows to move in the grid) - this is the fastest method IMO

Update
- Ability to set intro/outro for ad blocks. Program can use single track for this, or select a track from fodler/playlist.

Adverticement Scheduler now included in RadioBOSS. No new updates will be posted in this topic.

Back