Adverticement Scheduler [alpha]

djsoft

Staff member
Adverticement Scheduler [alpha]

What's the point
The program is used to manage adverticements and automatically create and schedule adverticement blocks.

Screenshot
ads.png

How to use
First-time setup:
1) On first run, open settings window (the program will ask to do it - just click Yes)
2) Set the working folder - the program will save generated playlists and events there
3) In the "Ad blocks" tab, select the hours and minutes where you want adverticements to be placed.
4) Click OK.

Operation:
- In the main window click Add button to add tracks. The tracks will appear in the list above.
- To set when the ad should be played, put a check mark in the grid (right-click or double-click with a mouse
or use Space key)
- After grid is filled for each track click Create playlists and events button - this will create playlist
files for each ad block and scheduler events to start those playlists at required times.

-The scheduler events should be imported to RadioBOSS: open scheduler tab, click List button and click "Import..." in the menu. Select the generated Events.sdl file.
ads2.png

License key:
Beta-tester license valid till December 2012.
The program will be included in the RadioBOSS Advanced package.

Download
Adverticement Scheduler: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/AdsScheduler.zip (0.0.7.0, 9/21/2012, 3Mb)

Please post any bugs/requests in this topic.

I have little time right now to test the software, the first mistakes I found were these:
* delete ads not working
* when changing style Blue, restart the program to return to the previous.
also by a law in our country we must give to initialize and finalize each block ad announcing "advertising space" and "advertising space to," maybe you can do something to be in charge of agrgarlo ADS automatically to each block and not have to select one by one.
Another thing I want to mention is that even if there are no advertisements for some blocks, empty events are generated, maybe this is about to change as the program is in Alpha stage but I wanted to highlight.

Thanks for your comment!

- Yes, Blue (actually it's Windows 8 Metro-like style) cannot be turned off until the program is restarted. Probably the styles will be removed upon release... or new styles will be added... I'm not sure yet. That's for people who are tired of standard UI and want something new :)

- Regarding block start and finish, this will be added soon, there'll be a global setting for this (eg all blocks will have the same start/end track)

- Empty files generation can be turned off in the settings (the option is not available right now, but it'll work in the next version)

Update 0.0.2.0
- new settings added: generate empty playlists; generated event options can be also set
- several fixes and improvements

congratulation :) will test it lots of work to me lol must translate it :)

please dimitry can u have a look at ure inbox :(

The translation engine is not yet included in this software... It'll be there soon.

It is very interesting.
I like Style (File -> Style) from Adverticement Schedule.

I would like to have the Style (Theme colour) to RadioBOSS  :)
Is that possible?

pety said:
Is that possible?
RadioBOSS (main window) is built on custom controls, and when style applied it doesn't look too good (I've attached a picture to proof it). It requires some fine-tuning before it can go public, as you see :)

Attachments

• 9-6-2012 9-59-35 PM.png
    9-6-2012 9-59-35 PM.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 796
pety said:
It is very interesting.
I like Style (File -> Style) from Adverticement Schedule.

Is that possible?
Support the same! :).

I've been thinking a bit, and I think it would be good a programmer apart, because it complicates the visualization of other events, and advertising needs a special feature: it must always be inserted in to the next track (or play right away) and to If you are playing this event can not be reproduced at the end of this, but it should introducirce in between.

Another good thing Tembien, (and I think it is easy to implement), is to have a specific icon for advertising (could be a "$" for example), this would greatly help to distinguish a "normal event", a advertising block.

And Well regarding "ADS Planner":

* something which detects errors that may occur is:
when there are many blocks to program and lowered by scrool down, you stop seeing the first row (the one that says "Monday, Tuesday, etc.").

* I think this plan but just in case I want to ask:
Are we going to be able to have a complete view of the blocks?

* Tools and tick everything and empty all can alludarnos lot too.
also i was thinking and could create a kind of "Macros" of dildes to prune use in other advertising;
sell such advertising plan: exit 2:30, 4:30, 21:00, and with a single click activate these times.

* We also need to change the MP3 file without having to set it back, so you would need an Edit button.

I understand that the program is in its first phase, but wanted to express my ideas, I am very happy that this program is developing as desired.
regards

nelson c said:
advertising needs a special feature: it must always be inserted in to the next track (or play right away) and to If you are playing this event can not be reproduced at the end of this, but it should introducirce in between.
I'm afraid I didn't understand this part... Could you please give more info on this?

nelson c said:
Another good thing Tembien, (and I think it is easy to implement), is to have a specific icon for advertising (could be a "$" for example), this would greatly help to distinguish a "normal event", a advertising block.
Good idea. But this will require update of RB itself. This will be added at a later stages.

nelson c said:
when there are many blocks to program and lowered by scrool down, you stop seeing the first row (the one that says "Monday, Tuesday, etc.").
Yes, you're right, the header should be fixed.

nelson c said:
* I think this plan but just in case I want to ask:
Are we going to be able to have a complete view of the blocks?
That's what "Ads overview" button is for. It'll show all blocks and all track in blocks in one window.

nelson c said:
* Tools and tick everything and empty all can alludarnos lot too.
also i was thinking and could create a kind of "Macros" of dildes to prune use in other advertising;
sell such advertising plan: exit 2:30, 4:30, 21:00, and with a single click activate these times.
The Select All/Clear All and Invert features will be added. I'm not sure about macro... Maybe in the future versions. The basic stuff should be developed first.

nelson c said:
* We also need to change the MP3 file without having to set it back, so you would need an Edit button.
I think I need more info on this one too.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Is that possible?
RadioBOSS (main window) is built on custom controls, and when style applied it doesn't look too good (I've attached a picture to proof it). It requires some fine-tuning before it can go public, as you see :)
I know this customisation tool (very good one), but is more like pro Style from Adverticement Scheduler and I like it :)

pety said:
pro Style from Adverticement Scheduler and I like it :)
There are plans to include it in RB. I think this should happen pretty soon...

Ad Scheduler update:
- several UI improvements

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
advertising needs a special feature: it must always be inserted in to the next track (or play right away) and to If you are playing this event can not be reproduced at the end of this, but it should introducirce in between.
I'm afraid I didn't understand this part... Could you please give more info on this?
for example in the playlist is playing an event, just then they should play a advertising block.
Beriah then insert the middle of the event
see Figure 1, (maybe you could put the developer of ADS, along with future DTMF detector, replacing commercial)

nelson c said:
I think I need more info on this one too.
for example in the playlist is playing an event, just then they should play a advertising block.
Beriah then insert the middle of the event
see Figure 1, (maybe you could put the developer of ADS, along with future DTMF detector, replacing commercial)

function with the start and end date may be set starting when to start issuing an advertisement, or when to stop transmitting? If so this will be great! :)

It would be good that when active "ADS Overview" after taking an overview, also can block change.

and finally I think there is a minor error, moved some letters of place, but I think it only happens with my pc, because the image you uploaded that does not happen, just in case I wanted to inform you. (see screenshot 2).
clarified that happens with all styles

I love to see how this software improves every day, thank you very much for your work.  ;)

Attachments

• RB + Ads.png
    RB + Ads.png
    260.3 KB · Views: 773
  • error avs.png
    error avs.png
    21 KB · Views: 724
nelson c said:
Yes, that $ sign looking good in the playlist. This will be included in RB after Ad Scheduler is ready.

nelson c said:
function with the start and end date may be set starting when to start issuing an advertisement, or when to stop transmitting? If so this will be great! :)
Yes, it's supposed to do so. You add an ad, set its start/end time and program will take care of it :)

nelson c said:
I love to see how this software improves every day, thank you very much for your work.  ;)
Thanks for taking part in beta-testing!

Update:
- Added priority system to set ad position in a block
- New feature: view block contents ("View block" button). It shows all tracks in a block and also calculates total block duration.

wow, priorities tools and block view are very good, now the interface is displayed correctly :).

Small errors in the interface:
* the interface returns to the default when you restart the program.
* With all interfaces (except the standard Windows) when clicking on any block, you lose the file selection and this can also cause confusion.(view capture 1.)
* interfaces in black, By clikink where no file ads, the blocks are painted white. (view capture 2.)

maybe include a cueing of ads would be good

Attachments

• small error interface.png
    small error interface.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 732
Dmitry,

This is an exciting tool.  A suggestion about the scheduled times.

In > Settings > Ad Blocks  it shows hours and minutes.

It should be possible to select different combinations of hours and minutes if required.

Examples (Hours / Minutes / Days):

00 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
01 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
02 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
03 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
04 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
05 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F

06 / 10, 20, 30, 40, 50  M-T-W-T-F
07 / 10, 20, 30, 40, 50  M-T-W-T-F
08 / 10, 20, 30, 40, 50  M-T-W-T-F
09 / 10, 20, 30, 40, 50  M-T-W-T-F

10 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
11 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
12 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
13 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
14 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F

15 / 10, 20, 30, 40, 50  M-T-W-T-F
16 / 10, 20, 30, 40, 50  M-T-W-T-F
17 / 10, 20, 30, 40, 50  M-T-W-T-F

18 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
19 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
20 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
21 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
22 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F
23 / 00, 15, 30, 45  M-T-W-T-F

And then construct a different schedule for Saturday and Sunday too ...

Thanks, Jamie C.

Jamie, I agree about hours/minutes. In your example, the number of rows will be 183, which is too much. I'll think about how to improve it.

For Saturday and Sunday, why those days should be special?

nelson c, Thanks for reporting. All those bugs will be fixed in the next update which is going to be released later today :)

Update:
- block view window can stay always open: it will be updated automatically when selecting other blocks in the grid
- several bugs fixed

previous errors have been fixed. :)

but now there was a new one by clicking View Block, the program loses its name and form that opens is called blockform

Back