Auto Intro: Second condition possibble?

heinzruhm

I like the auto intro feature very much. I use it to insert a special jingle before ballads. Therefore I have added "ballad" to the comment section of the song tags. The condition I use is this:

"Comment"
"Contains"
"ballad"
Probability: 40%

Now I want to define a rule that avoids inserting this "ballad jingle", if another jingle (i. e. station ID) has been played just before.

This is OK:

Station ID
Song
Auto-inserted Ballad-Jingle
Ballad
Song
Station ID

This is not OK:

Station ID
Auto-inserted Ballad-Jingle
Ballad
Song
Song
Station ID

Never Station ID and Auto-Insertion directly after another.

Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks in advance!

Heinz  :)

Dimitri will tell us if it is right to do so or there is something simpler.

I believe that when you decide to use the autointro, always, or at certain times of the day (autointro with ballad comment) ...
You should create a specific playlist generation.
and set up such a ladder,

- ID

- SONG
    (apply a comment filter in the features,
setting NOT ballata, then I will select a song where there is no ballad comment, so being preceded by an ID, there is the risk that you insert a self-intro, so no ID + autointro on the same song)

- SONG
  (containing ballad comments) [where the autointro will be inserted]

- ID
----------------------
ID
SONG (not BALLATA)
SONG (ballad)
ID
----------------------

study the manual a little, I understand that there are no exhaustive examples to understand well. It's a flaw of the manual in my opinion. (the potential the software has, but not always understand how to implement them well, so much theory, a few practical examples understandable)

https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/index.html?plgen-cat2.htm

it is possible to put a command like (multiple actions) in the playlist scheduler so as to activate or deactivate the autointro

autointro set (to enable the function)
clr autointro (to disable it)

------
for Dmitri:

I was wondering if you have more autointro rules, can you specify which rule to refer to?
example I have:
rule 1
rule 2
rule 3 ...

I would like to apply an autointro that respects only rule 1, or rule 3 in this specific playlist (at a specific time) ...

currently if I understand well try to respect all the rules present but prioritize the first rule in cascade ...

heinzruhm said:
Never Station ID and Auto-Insertion directly after another.
Currently I don't think that would be possible. We'll add more conditions for AutoIntro in the future versions, including skipping the intro if certain file types were played previously.

NICKY G DJ said:
study the manual a little, I understand that there are no exhaustive examples to understand well. It's a flaw of the manual in my opinion. (the potential the software has, but not always understand how to implement them well, so much theory, a few practical examples understandable)
The topic is about the AutoIntro feature: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/auto-intro.htm

The user manual improved a lot in the past few years by the way, in the past it was about 2-3 times shorter and really wasn't much of help :) Anyway, it usually gives an idea on how and why a certain feature should be used. But you still should experiment with them to see how things work.

The user manual improved a lot in the past few years by the way, in the past it was about 2-3 times shorter and really wasn't much of help :) Anyway, it usually gives an idea on how and why a certain feature should be used. But you still should experiment with them to see how things work.

ok I hope it will improve
but you have not responded to my consideration of approach to be able to do what heinzruhm requires.
My question did not answer my question of choosing which rule to apply.

@Nicky G DJ: Your first answer did a perfect job! I varied the playlist that way:

ID
SONG (NOT ballad)
SONG
ID

Now it is impossible, that the Station ID is followed directly by a inserted ballad jingle. It's a workaround, I konw, yet it helps.

Thanks a lot!

Further improvements of the software are still very welcome.

Back