Balanced music rotation

radiolife44*

Hello,
I’m fairly new to radioboss and could use help with music rotation/scheduling. We’re an LP FM station that runs 14 hours of music daily and I generate each days playlist individually. I also set the “no repeat” artist, song title, etc” accordingly but..
* it doesn’t seem to follow my specific rules. For example, a song will play consecutive days after I set the rule not to play the same song within a 5 day period. Is this due to not scheduling 24 hr -weekly segments?
*additionally the software seems to choose a cluster of the same group of songs often whereas a number of other songs seem to get ignored and remain in a much lesser play count.
What am I missing? How can I generate a 14 hr - daily playlist and the software “remembers” the rules I’ve set from one playlist to the next and also generates the music playlist in a more balanced manner?

Hello,
I’m fairly new to radioboss and could use help with music rotation/scheduling. We’re an LP FM station that runs 14 hours of music daily and I generate each days playlist individually. I also set the “no repeat” artist, song title, etc” accordingly but..
* it doesn’t seem to follow my specific rules. For example, a song will play consecutive days after I set the rule not to play the same song within a 5 day period. Is this due to not scheduling 24 hr -weekly segments?
*additionally the software seems to choose a cluster of the same group of songs often whereas a number of other songs seem to get ignored and remain in a much lesser play count.
What am I missing? How can I generate a 14 hr - daily playlist and the software “remembers” the rules I’ve set from one playlist to the next and also generates the music playlist in a more balanced manner?

it doesn’t seem to follow my specific rules. For example, a song will play consecutive days after I set the rule not to play the same song within a 5 day period. Is this due to not scheduling 24 hr -weekly segments?
Do you use playlist generator to create the playlists? If so, it will show you an error message if it can't satisfy repeat protection rules (e.g. there are no tracks that fit all the rules).

additionally the software seems to choose a cluster of the same group of songs often whereas a number of other songs seem to get ignored and remain in a much lesser play count.
The selection is random, also it slightly increases probability of track that did not play yet to be chosen. Still, from the probability theory, as the selection is random, you can even have one track play in a row 5 times. You can improve things by using priorities: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/plgen-cat3.htm

Also if possible, creating one 24-hour playlist, or 24 one-hour playlists in one go, will be a bit better than creating 24 1-hour playlists one by one.

Back