Broadcast module not working

T

trober00

the demo software worked perfectly.
Having now downloaded the full version, the Broadcast module does not work.
It connects to the remote server and a 128K MP3 stream is sent, but this stream contains no sound - just 'white noise'.

This appears to be some encoder issue.

Why does the demo version work perfectly well , but the 'full' version does not ?

I also notice that the 'full' version has interface changes compared to the demo version.

djsoft said:
We're now working on this issue, the solution will be provided today.

It is something to do with the Lame MP3 codec.

I have copied the codec lame.exe from the older demo version to RadioBoss/plugins/ and it works.
The latest lame.exe causes the 'white noise' problem.

It must be something to do with compatibility.

However, copying the old lame.exe gives 2 errors on startup :  BassCD and BassWma give incorrect version errors  for Bass.dll ( version 2.3 required ).

Hope this helps in resolving this issue.

The old (and any other) LAME.EXE shouldn't cause any errors regarding BASS/BASSWMA or other similar DLL's as it doesn't use them at all.
We'll work it out soon, it looks like newer version of Lame.Exe has a slightly different set of parameters which produces incorrect output.
Thank you for your help!

UPD: you should already've received an e-mail with updated version.

djsoft said:
The old (and any other) LAME.EXE shouldn't cause any errors regarding BASS/BASSWMA or other similar DLL's as it doesn't use them at all.
We'll work it out soon, it looks like newer version of Lame.Exe has a slightly different set of parameters which produces incorrect output.
Thank you for your help!

UPD: you should already've received an e-mail with updated version.

I have downloaded and installed the new updated version and it works perfectly.

The Lame Codec problem is now fixed.

Thanks !

Tom S

Back