Bug With RadioBoss

NounosSon

Came home today and found radioboss like this. It stopped after playing 2 seconds of a song. It didn't crash. It just stopped playing and the scheduler kept running.

Attachments

• RB ISSUE.png
    RB ISSUE.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 559
Looks very strange.
Are you using a real soundcard or it's a "no sound" encoding?

NounosSon said:
I am using no sound card for my monitor soundcard.
But there is sound card for Main output?
From the screenshot it seems that the playlist just stays on pause...

Our RB crashed. I think it is becouse of the track (mp3) conversion. I put a song with that conversion, to tell me if it is good.

I couldn't send it in attach. The track has over 7MB. The link for download is : http://min.us/myXLkJsM

NounosSon said:
Yes there is sound for the main outport. RadioBoss paused the playlist by it self.
Are you sure it paused by itself? I've never seen anything like this before... Please check the report for that day for "pause" entries. The default hot key for pause is space, so probably someone clicked it by accident.

pety said:
Our RB crashed. I think it is becouse of the track (mp3) conversion. I put a song with that conversion, to tell me if it is good.

I couldn't send it in attach. The track has over 7MB. The link for download is : http://min.us/myXLkJsM
This track plays fine here, so I think the problem is somewhere else. It turns out, the RB can crash on some systems when "Overlay playback" is used in the scheduler. Do you have any events with "Overlay playback" used?
Also, are you using the "Restart program if it crashes or hangs" feature? It should handle those cases.

djsoft said:
This track plays fine here, so I think the problem is somewhere else. It turns out, the RB can crash on some systems when "Overlay playback" is used in the scheduler. Do you have any events with "Overlay playback" used?
Also, are you using the "Restart program if it crashes or hangs" feature? It should handle those cases.
No "Overlay playback",
No "Restart program if it crashes or hangs".
I'll check the second option.

pety said:
djsoft said:
No "Overlay playback",
No "Restart program if it crashes or hangs".
I'll check the second option.
The "restart..." feature will automatically restart the program in case of crash. So your station will never be down. If you often leave it unattended, I strongly recommend using this option.

djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
Yes there is sound for the main outport. RadioBoss paused the playlist by it self.
Are you sure it paused by itself? I've never seen anything like this before... Please check the report for that day for "pause" entries. The default hot key for pause is space, so probably someone clicked it by accident.

It did it again last night. I checked the log and there was no pause or stop command. It just stoped by it self. I am the only person who uses this computer.

Attachments

• RB Problem 5-23-12.png
    RB Problem 5-23-12.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 511
  • RB Problem 5-25-12.png
    RB Problem 5-25-12.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 539
NounosSon said:
djsoft said:
NounosSon said:

It did it again last night. I checked the log and there was no pause or stop command. It just stoped by it self. I am the only person who uses this computer.
Did you try to start any track in the playlist after it happened - will it play?

djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
djsoft said:
NounosSon said:

Did you try to start any track in the playlist after it happened - will it play?

Yes. I went to the next track and it played fine.

NounosSon said:
That's good. I thought that it stopped because audio engine went down, but it's not.
Maybe, you should just turn on the Silence Detector with the "Play next track" action, so it'll tale care of the issue?
We can't reproduce this problem. There are several RadioBOSS instances running on several machines, but all of them are completely fine. None of them were "paused" like in your case. Until the problem reproduced, it cannot be fixed... I'm sorry.

djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
That's good. I thought that it stopped because audio engine went down, but it's not.
Maybe, you should just turn on the Silence Detector with the "Play next track" action, so it'll tale care of the issue?
We can't reproduce this problem. There are several RadioBOSS instances running on several machines, but all of them are completely fine. None of them were "paused" like in your case. Until the problem reproduced, it cannot be fixed... I'm sorry.
Alright. I will try the option you said and see how that works. Thank you for the help.

Back