Suggestion for scheduler in RadioBoss 7 and +

fadyhachem

After trying the beta version of Radioboss 7.0.0.1... it was working perfectly without any bug or error
I suggest something new

In order to add or edit a schedule

Can you add an option: Remove schedule event and inserted files immediately finishing playing or when starting another schedule event

To prevent replaying in playlist after a while

Thank you

Yes, I think the instructions in the help file say you can. it doesn't work for me with playlists just singles files currently. The help file mk:mad:MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\RadioBOSS\Lang\En\help.chm::/scheduling_playback.htm

Can you add an option: Remove schedule event and inserted files immediately finishing playing or when starting another schedule event
This is possible if you choose "Replace playlist" or "Replace scheduled events" option, and enable "Run event without for the current track to finish" checkbox.

That would be great Dimitri, but I think it would be more helpful to have an event that randomly picked playlists from a given directory.

That way there would be some randomness applied giving more reality.

The only problem would be not repeat playing them. It would also be useful to supply the directory and go down the list of playlists for several schedule events. So that a directory could be sorted date order and have a date of next play list on it. Some of the radio stations would find this easy to drag a new playlist to a folder and then RB lifts them from that directory in sequence or randomly. Its more useful than the random play playlist by picking a random line. Also, it would split the order playlists was played at different times making it more real too and less computerized.

I have to say the scheduler is a great addition well done.

I manually added +15 on my tracks the tracks the Same as on SID and it is not applying File Type SID volume to the sounds. I then found the penny dropped. It had a specific directory which was excluding the sound increase :) So you were doing it right my error.

Last edited:
That would be great Dimitri, but I think it would be more helpful to have an event that randomly picked playlists from a given directory.
This is possible, there's an option in the scheduler wizard to choose a random playlist from a folder.

The problem is when you have a certain playlist (let's say for 10 hours)
and you have a schedule file to play

the schedule file will remain in the playlist, even if the date is expired

we need to remove it manually from the playlist, to prevent playing it after certain time

this is why
Running event without for the current track to finish is not an problem
the problem is the existence of the file in the playlist

the schedule file will remain in the playlist, even if the date is expired
Expiration date in the event settings controls the event itself, not the tracks/playlists it inserts. You can use the "maximum time to wait" option to control the inserted items.

Back