Cart Wall to Second Monitor

Hi there.

I like the cart wall. It is very useful.

However, at the moment I have to alternate between the main screen and the cart wall.

If I have my computer set up with two screens, Is there any way I can move the cart wall over to the second screen, so I can see both main and cart at the same time?

Thanks for your help.

Currently you can't detach cart wall from the main screen, but you can activate Zone 2 (View->Work Zones->2, or click Ctrl+2) and have cart wall there.

Another way is to install a second copy of RadioBOSS and use it solely for cart wall on a second screen.

May be in the future versions it will be possible to have cart wall in a separate window.

Good idea re using the Zone 2 Work space. This way both the playlist and cart wall remain 'active' at the same time.

Thanks so much.

James, Dmitry,

At Radio Dungog we run a 27" LCD monitor with the fonts enlarged a bit so that it's easier for presenters with "old eyes" to see the screen easily.  Even so with Zone 2 Work Space enabled and the left windows enabled it is hard going fitting everything in. 

Typically we set up the screen to show:

1. On the left:  Scheduler and FX - typically with FX visible so we can see a large audio VU meter and the levels
2. In the middle:  The active playlist with track information visible at the bottom
3. On the right:  Music Library Search, File Search and Cart Wall selectable

But having all three visible on the one screen is a bit much - even with a 27" LCD monitor - so for us it would be ideal to be able to move the left window and/or the right window to a second screen.  I know we can hide the left window - but for us seeing the audio VU meter all the time is essential.

BTW James, your RadioBOSS "how to" video series is excellent.  Apart from RadioBOSS we find the other most important part of our station is the music library storage box.  At Radio Dungog we use "Vortexbox" which has proven to be an excellent platform to rip and store CDs and also station promos and other files.  Do you have a favourite storage method too ?  If not you might consider "Vortexbox" as it is very reliable and I'm sure your affiliate stations would benefit from it.  Using the local PC to store important files can be like an accident waiting to happen - so shared storage is a winner.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie,  in RB 5.0 the second zone will be detachable from the main window so you can move it to another screen.

djsoft said:
Jamie,  in RB 5.0 the second zone will be detachable from the main window so you can move it to another screen.

Hello!

Yes, I know, it's an old thread.
I want to know, if this can be done now? Can I deattach the 2nd zone - and if yes, how?

Thank you!

se-schwarz said:
Yes, I know, it's an old thread.
I want to know, if this can be done now? Can I deattach the 2nd zone - and if yes, how?
While this was promised, it's still not implemented - sorry. The feature is planned for the future.

It's currently under development, but there's no specific date set for the public beta test.

Hi all,
I am currently using RB 5.5.5.
I am using two screens and have extended an "addition workspace"onto my second screen for Sweepers/Carts.

Attachments

• rb dual screen.png
    rb dual screen.png
    478.5 KB · Views: 375
Back