Lock certain Cart walls from editing

southernfm

Feature request:
Block only specific cart walls from being altered by a non-admin user.

Use case:
We have one cart wall where our presenters can load their personalised carts. We also have a station wide cart wall that is meant to be available for everybody and only changed occasionally by admin users. Currently we need to enable 'Edit cart wall' to allow this functionality - which means presenters can inadvertently override the station carts, instead of their own carts.

If we have an option to lock certain cart walls from being altered by non-admin users, it would help prevent accidental changes being made to the player unintentionally.

The easiest way I think this would work is if there's an option under the user permissions where 'edit cart wall' can apply and a list of the cart walls appears there, that can be ticked. It could tick all by default maintaining existing RadioBOSS behaviour, and we could untick the ones we don't want in our case.

Other methods may work better than that but the intent is to be able to unlock only specific cart walls (in our case, just 1).

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll add it for future consideration. I think easiest solution would be to implement this as cart wall option like "Ignore user access control and always allow edit".

Back