"Comment" not showing in playlist

chrismadog

Hi again everyone,

Our Programming lady is going bald with a problem in RadioBoss.
If she inserts a "Comment" into a playlist - for instance "Give a two day weather forecast" - it does not show in the playlist.

To be more precise, in one studio we have Windows 11 & RB v6.2.1.0 and it works perfectly. In the Admin computer running Windows 10 & RB v6.2.2.0 it also works perfectly and shows in the playlist.

However in the main studio running Windows 11 & RB v6.2.2.0 it doesn't work - just a blank coloured line. Clicking the line with the mouse puts it in the status bar at bottom left - not desired.

Can anyone please tell me what setting makes it visible in the playlist ?
I have searched high and low trying to see what does this.

Regards,
Chris M

Station Engineer
Rose City FM - Your Community Radio Station
Warwick, Qld, Oz

Can you please make a screenshot so we can see how it looks?
Done - as you can see, clicking the blank line makes the comment visible in the status line at bottom left but nothing appears on the playlist line.

Chris M

Attachments

• RadioBoss Comment Capture.JPG
    RadioBoss Comment Capture.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 119
Done - as you can see, clicking the blank line makes the comment visible in the status line at bottom left but nothing appears on the playlist line.
Please open Settings, File Types, find the file type Comment and check its settings. It looks like font color is set to white there.

Hi djsoft - it was set to black and I experimented with several colours to see if it made any difference. Unfortunately, it made no difference :(
I also did a ctrl-A to highlight the entire playlist as this will show problems with font colours - again, no difference. :(

ChrisM

Hi djsoft - it was set to black and I experimented with several colours to see if it made any difference. Unfortunately, it made no difference :(
I also did a ctrl-A to highlight the entire playlist as this will show problems with font colours - again, no difference. :(

ChrisM
In this case I honestly don't know why it behaves like this. We can't reproduce it here. One possibility is if you have another file type configured with "comment" identifier that interferes with the default comment file type.

Okay - We found the setting and in retrospect, it is so obvious.

In the playlist - right-click the title line and select "Columns".
The setting is "Track Title" --> it must be set.
Now all our machines can see comments.

Regards,
Chris

Back