DTMF delay

jopara

Hello, I have a problem with the configuration of DTMF tones. I will try to explain the matter to see if it can be solved.

At present, I am connected to a station chain that uses DTMF tones for advertising disconnections, this uses 4624 tone and connects via streaming shoutcast.

So far so good, it performs the local disconnection perfectly, but there is only one inconvenience: The central station has a delay, no more than 15 seconds, but when the DTMF tones are launched, the local stations detect the tone and disconnect some Seconds before, and for this reason, the last announcement of the central station leaves without the end. We happened to delay the event to try to compensate, but not always the delay of the streaming is the same, depends a lot on the internet connection.

My question is: Why are the local broadcasters disconnected first? In theory in that 15-second delay, the DTMF tone will also arrive 15 seconds later, right?

You may not understand me correctly, I use google translate.

jopara said:
In theory in that 15-second delay, the DTMF tone will also arrive 15 seconds later, right?
Yes, but currently RadioBOSS uses a separate stream for playback and for DTMF checking: this means, if you play the stream in the playlist and also have the same stream assigned for DTMF checking, RadioBOSS will make two connections for the same stream and process them separately. In the result, the internal DTMF stream will be slightly ahead of the playback stream (because it doesn't have to be played). There's an option in the DTMF settings that allows you to delay the launch (and stopping) of events by DTMF.

jopara said:
Yes, but what happens if this delay time is different each time the streaming delays
In this case I suggest using some average value.

Back