DTMF stream URL vs Line Input

aprizion

I've configured my DTMF (Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency) detector to listen to a stream URL, but I'm encountering an issue where I need to send the DTMF tones two or three times for it to work reliably. I've tested this between two RB (RB to RB). Are there any recommended settings or best practices for DTMF detection? I've attached the DTMF tones I'm using for reference: https://file.io/fyftvTtyGKxl

Additionally, if DTMF detection is checked from the line input instead of the stream URL, would this help minimize failures? I'm seeking guidance on the best practices to ensure reliable DTMF detection.

On another note, I'm interested in exploring DTMF detection via cloud services. Could you provide insights or recommendations on implementing a DTMF detector over the cloud or if you've plans for the future... I know it could be hard, but please let me know.

Thanks.

I've configured my DTMF (Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency) detector to listen to a stream URL, but I'm encountering an issue where I need to send the DTMF tones two or three times for it to work reliably. I've tested this between two RB (RB to RB)
With our testes here, one RadioBOSS always detects DTMF that is sent from another RadioBOSS - using the default settings. One thing you should check is that DTMF tones are not overlapped with music and that there are also no crossfading.

Additionally, if DTMF detection is checked from the line input instead of the stream URL, would this help minimize failures? I'm seeking guidance on the best practices to ensure reliable DTMF detection.
I don't think it will make any difference.

On another note, I'm interested in exploring DTMF detection via cloud services. Could you provide insights or recommendations on implementing a DTMF detector over the cloud or if you've plans for the future... I know it could be hard, but please let me know.
At some point in the future, RadioBOSS Cloud will also have DTMF tone detector, it's not really hard to implement as this feature already present in RadioBOSS.

With our testes here, one RadioBOSS always detects DTMF that is sent from another RadioBOSS - using the default settings. One thing you should check is that DTMF tones are not overlapped with music and that there are also no crossfading.

I don't think it will make any difference.

At some point in the future, RadioBOSS Cloud will also have DTMF tone detector, it's not really hard to implement as this feature already present in RadioBOSS.

Hello, thanks for the feedback.

- during my tests there is no music after the tones. We've played the first tone, waiting a little bit (like 1 min or less) but sometimes nothing happens. Then, we need to play again and again in order to be detected.

This is not the real scenario, because on the live radio we want to implement, this should be played before and after commercial break. So, maybe I need to add 1 second of blank space before and after each tone (on the file)?

If DTMF tones feature was implemented over the RB Cloud this should be a great deal!

Default settings on your comment is RB global/default settings or event default settings? If is the event, could you please share a screen? Thanks.

- during my tests there is no music after the tones. We've played the first tone, waiting a little bit (like 1 min or less) but sometimes nothing happens. Then, we need to play again and again in order to be detected.
Maybe such test environment is what's causing the problem - you need to have a constant audio stream, among which there's the DTMF tone.

Default settings on your comment is RB global/default settings or event default settings? If is the event, could you please share a screen? Thanks.
Default settings for DTMF detection (Settings->DTMF): -26dB threshold, left channel.

Back