Editing Scheduled events

Hello Dmitry. We are experiencing a problem with scheduled events not playing when the file in a folder (a 30 minute long program) that has been playing OK for months is replaced by a different 30 min file and saved.

The file is preceded by a 12 sec sweeper that starts playing 9 seconds before the hour. The sweeper appears in the log as playing until 3 seconds past the hour when the next song in the playlist starts; but the event that should have started at the top of the hour does not play, and does not appear in the log. This has been happening consistently in this and other scheduled slots where changes have been made in the same way. The scheduled event does not seem to take priority over the sweeper. Is this maybe a v6.0.5.5 bug? The event plays OK if we completely delete the event and start from scratch.

Please see the Logs section to have the details on what happens. It's likely that one event is started but is immediately overridden by other event.

It's likely that one event is started but is immediately overridden by other event.
No I don't believe so. Did you not read my post above in detail? See extract from the log which shows no evidence of the scheduled program "Hit Parade of Yesterday" at 4.00PM. The preceding program is there (blue), followed by the sweeper (yellow) then a track (orange). There is no sign of our program. The 4PM program should override the sweeper.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-04 00.07.56.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-04 00.07.56.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 225
There's definitely no event starting at 4PM. Please send a screenshot of this event, maybe something prevents it from starting?

The event below played successfully, but only after I had completely deleted the event from the schedule and created a new event from scratch using identical settings. BUT, if I edit the event by updating the file with a different file to run at the same time, using the same settings, and save it - it doesn't want to play. I noticed the drive requires some defragging, so will try that to see if it makes any difference.

Attachments

• RUT_screenshot_2021-06-05_12-47-39.png
    RUT_screenshot_2021-06-05_12-47-39.png
    59 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Do you edit the event using the event editor in RadioBOSS or you modify the .sdl event file using some other software?

After you edit the event, it enters "cooldown" state - that is it won't be started for a couple of seconds. If you edit the event e.g. 5 seconds before it's supposed to start, it may not start. You can see this "cooldown" in the events list - the "Next Run" and "Run In" columns become empty right after the event is edited, and after the cooldown passes, you will see the valued there.

Do you see the "Run in" countdown working, and does it show the correct next start time in the "Next start" column?

Back