Fadeout music

IgorPobi

Through an scheduler every hour I play the .mp3 file. How to make a fadeout on currently playing song (i don't use crossfades options) ?

It is impossible without File Types in conjunction with Crossfades.

But you can try: Remove gaps between tracks.

Attachments

• Fades.jpg
    Fades.jpg
    677.1 KB · Views: 378
  • rg.jpg
    rg.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 425
IgorPobi said:
Through an scheduler every hour I play the .mp3 file. How to make a fadeout on currently playing song (i don't use crossfades options) ?
Without using crossfades I don't see a way to fade it out.

djsoft said:
Without using crossfades I don't see a way to fade it out.

Yes but crossfades on the fly changes playlist run times ...
(For this reason i using makelibrary and remove silence).
Now i have fadeout problem ....

IgorPobi said:
This is not right.
I use playlists for every hour with
  • Crossfades
  • Start / End for every track
  • Without (uncheck) Remove gaps between tracks.
No runtime changes.

But I do  not use latest RB version which is buggy. I use 5.7.2

IgorPobi said:
It takes into account crossfades when it calculates start time and total playlist duration, so you can safely enable crossfades (but do not enable "Trigger mix at" option). Please note that only mixing affects playlist run time - fades are not, as it's only volume control.

I testing this (thanks petty and djsoft).... Working ok but my clients will not use fadein and fadeout on playlists, they will use fadeout only on the song that precedes .mp3 file every full hour. This is problem ....

IgorPobi said:
I testing this (thanks petty and djsoft).... Working ok but my clients will not use fadein and fadeout on playlists, they will use fadeout only on the song that precedes .mp3 file every full hour. This is problem ....
In Crossfades do not use [Fade in] and [Mix point]. I also do not use [Trigger mix at], becouse that means that time in playlist will be affected... and Start and End is checked for nothing.
By the way, use Music Library to load entire folder of music (tracks) and use Tools -> Scan tracks and remove silence. That will automatically set Start and End for tracks in the folder.

P.S. You can use [Mix point] if there is silence between tracks.

IgorPobi said:
not use fadein and fadeout on playlists, they will use fadeout only on the song that precedes .mp3 file every full hour
I'm not sure it is possible, only set the fade out manually for that file in Track Tool, and not forget to turn it off. This is not typical, to not use crossfades and only use them once per hour, this is not really supported by RadioBOSS.

djsoft said:
I'm not sure it is possible, only set the fade out manually for that file in Track Tool, and not forget to turn it off. This is not typical, to not use crossfades and only use them once per hour, this is not really supported by RadioBOSS.

1)
That is very bad. Simply on the radio station do not want to use fadein and fadeout, the playlist is automatically generated, often there is no one for the computer and they just want every hour to play the news that the song that is being played at that moment is easily fadeout ...

2)
I tested (multiple actions) in event for example:

a) check this options
Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish
Insert as regular playlists tracks

b) Event actions (multiple actions)
fadeout 2000
c:\audio\news\news1.mp3
next

This is not working, maybe different order / command will working ?

IgorPobi said:
This is not working, maybe different order / command will working ?
The fadeout command will stop playback after fade is over, so it won't go to the next track as playlist is stopped. I think this would be possible with two events:
- event 1: fadeout 2000
- event 2, two seconds later: the news file

djsoft said:
The fadeout command will stop playback after fade is over, so it won't go to the next track as playlist is stopped. I think this would be possible with two events:
- event 1: fadeout 2000
- event 2, two seconds later: the news file

Yes, this working, thanks !
For the first time this will be enough :)

Good to know! We'll consider adding a modifier for fadeout command to allow fading out without stopping playback afterwards.

"We'll consider adding a modifier for fadeout command to allow fading out without stopping playback afterwards."  - That's great news, been looking foward to having that ability! Thanks!

Conway said:
"We'll consider adding a modifier for fadeout command to allow fading out without stopping playback afterwards."  - That's great news, been looking foward to having that ability! Thanks!

Hi Dimitry, any chance you could progress this soon?  It is becoming an urgent requirement for broadcasters - I have identified the following problem:  If the scheduled event following a fadeout happens to be disabled or removed, then RB can accidentally stall until it is manually restarted (the silence sensor does not work).  It is laborious having to insert an additional "next" or"play" command after every fadeout command to ensure this does not happen; and it is dangerous for the program to stop due to the simple removal of a following event. 

The fadeout command should also work on both line inputs if possible.   
Looking forward to this  modifier.  Maybe you could call it "fade" (no stop afterwards) as opposed to "fadeout" (fade with stop)? ;)

Chris Deacon said:
Hi Dimitry, any chance you could progress this soon?  It is becoming an urgent requirement for broadcasters
In RadioBOSS 5.9, the "next" command is extended, it allows specifying the fade out time, like next 5000 - fade out 5 seconds and move to the next track.

Back