File informations

dan95

Hi Dmitry,
I am planning to move to a new vServer-provider. What exactly must i set to ensure that all tags and start/endpoints f.e. in files are still there when I move them to the new vServer? Must i also all normalize again when I change the system?

Thx

Last edited:
I am planning to move to a new vServer-provider. What exactly must i set to ensure that all tags and start/endpoints f.e. in files are still there when I move them to the new vServer? Must i also all normalize again when I change the system?
Please see this article about additional information storage: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/additional-information-storage.htm
Exact steps to transfer data from one server to the other will depend on where it's stored. Easiest are APE tag and "File" options, as this only requires copying the files and all information will also be copied.

Unfortunately I had set it to "Database MySQL". If I now change to "file" will it be saved for all previous files then automatically or just for new files that I add?

Now I add new files and the field "added" in music bib is empty? What must I do that I can keep all tag /file informations? Can I change to "file" now without risking losing informations?? What is easiest way now?

Also a question about RB Version: When I change to a new system, can I download then the version from RB I now have without costs? I don't have update subscription right now.

Last edited:
This is how it was originally set:
1715282494648.png

I tried to change to "file" (subfolder) to test but it said I must start RB new. I didn't save it and clicked on "no" when RB asked to start new. I changed back to SQLite then.

What happens If I change to "file" (subfolder) and start RB new? Are ALL file informations then saved automatically?

Sorry @djsoft, I just discovered this site:

Changing additional information storage​

So this is a way to change storage system - after I did that I can change the settings in main menu (as mentioned in screenshot before)?

Unfortunately I had set it to "Database MySQL". If I now change to "file" will it be saved for all previous files then automatically or just for new files that I add?
Please see this article: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/changing-additional-informatio.htm
It will help transferring the information from one storage to another.

So this is a way to change storage system - after I did that I can change the settings in main menu (as mentioned in screenshot before)?
You can change it back to SQLite option, then do the conversion.

When the year is over and I have no update subscription, I still can activate the version from RB I now have with the license key on other/the new vServer right, @djsoft ?

Back