File Types

Hi Dmitry.

I'm having problems setting up and using File Types. I'm sure I'm doing something stupid...but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! Here is my situation:

Up until now, I have used identifiers for the file type on my station IDs. (using the identifier I.D.) However, we no longer want to use the name ID in either the artist or title fields.

I deleted the identifier (so the identifier field is now blank).

So, I attempted to assign all my station IDs to the Station ID file type. First, one at a time, using Track Tool (in the playlist 2 screen). Then I tried to do a bulk change in the music library, using track properties.

It will not assign the station ID tracks to my Station ID file type (I need both colour and crossfade settings).

The only time it did work for me, was when I placed a letter in the identifier field (I placed an 'x'). However, I don't want RadioBOSS confusing a station ID with the song 'Don't Try to EXplain.'

Is there a bug, or have I done something stupid again?

Thanks for your help

James

Make sure you have "Identifier" non-empty in the file type settings. Then try assigning file type from the Track Tool. To make sure it was successful, after making a change open Track Tool again and check if the correct file type is actually set.

Thank you. That works.

What I discovered though, is that I need to put a different identifier for each file type.

For identifiers, I had to use keys that would not normally appear in an artist name or track title. Keys like { or | or /

Cheers.

James Totton said:
Thank you. That works.

What I discovered though, is that I need to put a different identifier for each file type.

For identifiers, I had to use keys that would not normally appear in an artist name or track title. Keys like { or | or /

Cheers.
Yes that's correct. Unique identified for each file type, and the word which is unlikely to present in the title/artist. It's mentioned in the help file, but I think we should make it more obvious.

Back