Full Metadata

bostonfreeradio

Is there anyway to affect the other metadata fields when inserting timed pauses?

Our stream provider gets angry when we don't have Artist or Album data.

Open to solutions here, I'm thinking we'll just have to use 'timed silence' mp3 files with full ID3 tags.

bostonfreeradio said:
Is there anyway to affect the other metadata fields when inserting timed pauses?

Our stream provider, gets angry when we don't have Artist or Album data.

Open to solutions here, I'm thinking we'll just have to use 'timed silence' mp3 files with full ID3 tags.
You cand use blank mp3 file and edit tags.

I'm afraid this is not possible now (and I'm not sure what artist/album fields should contain for a timed pause). I think using MP3s with tags is the solution for now. What streaming provider you use by the way?

Thanks Dmitry, I know you worked a lot to help our former Program Director DougAshford (forum name dashford) before his passing.

Our provider is Live365. We continue getting poor support from them, and are de-listed often because of a lack of metadata and/or an occasionally "unreadable" XML nowplaying file.  We are really struggling to stop the de-listings as it affects the reputation of the station and listenership.

Their client error is not timestamped, so it's tough to look at what the nowplaying file contained when their client software took issue parsing it.

We are considering using the broadcast feature in RadioBOSS and writing some additional lines to the live365proxy PHP code to always submit "something" to them.

bostonfreeradio said:
We are considering using the broadcast feature in RadioBOSS and writing some additional lines to the live365proxy PHP code to always submit "something" to them.
This is a preferred solution... Adding those specific to RadioBOSS itself will clutter the software, which is not what I like.

(for anyone else looking for the proxy script: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,2918.msg9382.html#msg9382)

bostonfreeradio said:
It would be *real nice* to bypass this need and have better control over the nowplaying XML.
To clarify, how do you send the information to Live 365, do you send them an XML file, or it's a HTTP GET request?

We have Studio365 connect to the 'nowplaying' XML.

I'll toy with HTTP GET to a hosted php file. I think it gets around this issue.

I would *LOVE* to bypass Studio365 altogether, but haven't yet experimented with having RadioBOSS grab line-in from our Mic mixer/preamp for "Mic" channel. Right now if we broadcasted to our L365 IP address, it would just be the music tracks.

RadioBOSS can send line-in to encoders as well (the "Audio source" option in Settings->Broadcasting). When we tested it for the last time, RadioBOSS worked with Live365 servers.

bostonfreeradio said:
Are there any options for "extra" metadata during XML podcasts? All there seems to be is the single "title" field.
Currently it only uses the "title" field. What field would you like to use in addition?

bostonfreeradio said:
"Artist" and "Album" would help us stay in compliance with Live365.
The compliance rules apply to music only I believe - this is not for podcasts. Also many podcasts do not have those fields included in the feed. Or maybe I misunderstood the request?

It does, because Studio365 is simply reading the XML file. Presently there's no way to send that metadata whatsoever-- we cannot force it to "Album"="Podcast".

Perhaps something to think about for 5.4!

bostonfreeradio said:
It does, because Studio365 is simply reading the XML file. Presently there's no way to send that metadata whatsoever-- we cannot force it to "Album"="Podcast".

Perhaps something to think about for 5.4!
I'm still not sure how it will work... You can try using Live365 API to send artist/title/album info: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,1034.0.html

I made major modifications to the proxy script and would like to share them to anyone else hosting on Live365. Should I just post it here?

bostonfreeradio said:
I made major modifications to the proxy script and would like to share them to anyone else hosting on Live365. Should I just post it here?
Of course :)

Back