Gap Killer

nelson c

I have a suggestion about Gap Killer here:
I would like this function to be used "only" to determine the mix point, but not really remove a part from the audio. (I think there would be no problem with the other tracks, it's just silence  ;))
In the following editor you can see how it is "deleting" a part of the file that ends, which would sound more natural if that part continues playing on the track that begins. it is noticeable as "Cuts" the audio of the ending track. (Unless fade out is used)
In my configuration we are using -23.9 .. We can raise this threshold, but it would also change the mix point.

Attachments

• silence killer.png
    silence killer.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 312
It removes the part in accordance with the "Gap killer" settings - that is, if you did not use the Segue Editor, this part will be removed anyway when track is played.

Settings the mix point automatically is a good idea - noted for the future updates, thank you.

Actually my suggestion is that the murderer of silences does not eliminate them. Just apply to calculate mixing point. (At a general level, not for Follow Editor)
This makes the blends more transparent at high values.

I think what I plant in the original post is not being understood.
At a certain point I would like to "Disable the Gap Killer". So don't cut out the natural "fade out" that some tracks have. This makes the mixes cleaner. When using high values, it causes some fading parts of the tracks to be cut off, and this is not pleasant. But turning it off completely causes a lot of silences to be heard. My question was if it is possible to use this function "only" for the mix points, but not to "eliminate the sounds below" ... only that it overlaps them with the other track that begins.

Back