Generating a large number of 1 hour playlists - suggestions please

pety said:
I have a request for this command.

For example, I want to start from 12 with counting. How can I do that?

feb01_12.m3u8
feb01_13.m3u8
feb01_14.m3u8

feb01_24.m3u8
Can be that added to 5.0.3 too ?  :)

pety said:
pety said:
I have a request for this command.

For example, I want to start from 12 with counting. How can I do that?

feb01_12.m3u8
feb01_13.m3u8
feb01_14.m3u8

feb01_24.m3u8
Can be that added to 5.0.3 too ?  :)
I've removed my previous reply because it was non-relevant :)

Yes, the starting number feature will be added in the next update.

Dmitry,

Another killer feature for this Mega Playlist Generator which I forgot to mention is a sequence start.  By this I mean:

1. The ability to place a text comment in the "Playlist Structure" which might say: # Text Comment - Sequence Start

2. Have the option to use the existing features that you have programmed to create a big playlist and split it up into xxx parts.

3. Or have the option to create a big playlist and split it up into parts subdivided by the text comment at the beginning of each "Playlist Structure" sequence

I will be using point 3 above - because I want the first song played after the top of hour news to be a punchy song at the top of my sequence.

Sorry for not mentioning this before  ...  Does this make sense ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie, you don't need to create a big playlist and split in manually anymore - just use the new -n command line option (http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/plgen_command_line_interface.htm) to generate multiple playlists. Each new playlist will start from the first category, but no-repeat rule is common for all the playlists. Eg. if you set the "Do not repeat track for 10080 minutes" option, then all tracks in the playlists will be unique for a whole week (7 * 24 * 60 = 10080).

So I think PlGenPro already does what you need :)

djsoft said:
Jamie, you don't need to create a big playlist and split in manually anymore - just use the new -n command line option (http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/plgen_command_line_interface.htm) to generate multiple playlists. Each new playlist will start from the first category, but no-repeat rule is common for all the playlists. Eg. if you set the "Do not repeat track for 10080 minutes" option, then all tracks in the playlists will be unique for a whole week (7 * 24 * 60 = 10080).

So I think PlGenPro already does what you need :)
WOW! That's so cool :)

Dmitry,

I'm looking at the window of the Playlist Generator Pro and I have a couple of questions:

1. The Total playlist length has days, hours and minutes.  Does that need to be completed in that format ?  So 85 hours is not acceptable - it must be 3 days 13 hours ?

2. On the Settings window it lists filters for:  artist, track, album, title and track overlap.  What is the difference between track and title ?

3. What is the purpose of track overlap ?  Is that to compensate for the crossfade settings ?

4. When creating 126 x 1 hour playlists (probably 50 minutes long in reality to allow for news and adverts) how much effort does the Playlist Generator Pro put into getting the playlist time reasonably accurate ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie,

1 - Yes, the maximum value for Hour is 24 so you'll need to fill Days if you need to generate playlist for more than 1 day.

2. It's to filter the different songs, performed by different artist but which have the same title. Something common like "Love".

3. Yes, it's to compensate track mixing.

4. Not much effort. It just makes sure that the playlist is at least 1 hour in duration. You can use the Sweeper and Max time wait featires in the scheduler to avoid song interruption before end of hour.

Back