getrandomplaylist

IgorPobi

Hello !

How add songs to the end of the current playlist ?
Help says: getrandomplaylist load a random playlist from the folder specified in Path and added to the end of the current playlist.
I tested but this command add playlist AFTER current, playing items.

Additional info ...
Remote execute getrandomplaylist not work:

Remote location to RadioBOSS 5.5.5.0 (pc7 computer):
COMMAND: http://pc7:9000/?pass=pass&cmd=getrandomplaylist%20c:\playlists\1-Monday\00-06\
RADIOBOSS LOG: show command api but playlist is not load

Remote location to RadioBOSS 5.6.0.3 BETA (pc3 computer):
COMMAND: http://pc3:9000/?pass=pass&cmd=getrandomplaylist%20c:\playlists\1-Monday\00-06\
RADIOBOSS LOG: none

Please urgently resolve the malfunctioning (locally and remotely) of the specified command, as there is currently no way to load a new playlist at RadioBOSS at the end of the existing !!!

IgorPobi said:
Please urgently resolve the malfunctioning (locally and remotely) of the specified command, as there is currently no way to load a new playlist at RadioBOSS at the end of the existing !!!
It was an error in the user manual (the part where it says that playlist is inserted to the very end) - the getrandomplaylist command just selects the random playlist to a folder, but playlist is started according to event rules (run without waiting, enqueue etc).

This command can't be used over API. If you want to execute it remotely, create an event with this command and launch it using the API.

IgorPobi said:
Ok, So, there is currently no way to upload new data with event to the end of the playlist?
Yes - you can only insert after the currently playing track, or after other scheduled tracks in the playlist.

I auto load 4 playlists every 6 hours daily:
- 23:45 for 00:00 - 06:00
- 05:45 for 06:00 - 12:00
- 11:45 for 12:00 - 18:00
- 17:45 for 18:00 - 24:00

How to now automatically load a playlist to an existing end without disturbing a previously loaded playlist that the user has in the meantime updated and / or changed the order of the items after the automatic load has been made. The following playlist can only be loaded to the end of the existing one, but now I have no idea how to do it ... and so simple thing ...

I suggest to load the 12:00 playlist at 12:00 with "Clear playlist" option, in this case there would be no need to "insert at the very end". Why it's loaded 15 minutes prior to start?

Currently there's no way to insert at the very end of the playlist. Usually there's no need in doing so, it also has dangers that a very large playlist will build up...

I'm loading the playlist 15 minutes before the user arrives at a quick glance to see if the playlists need to change before they are released into the radio.

Btw. in PlayList Generator Pro exist option: Export to Player -> Add to the end but with options Generate -> Create Event  this options not exist (event not support this).

You can use the "If there are scheduled tracks in the playlist, enqueue" option so that it's inserted after the previously scheduled playlist; however, this will not work if you use the "Insert as regular playlist tracks" enabled. We'll consider adding "insert to the very end" option, but there are too few cases when it's really needed...

Back