getting the category name to show up in a playlist column

jaypea500

I would like to have the name of the category show up in a playlist column. any ideas? the column list has several "user fields" available, but I see no way of designating the category name (or anything else) to those fields...

thanks for the reply. is there a procedure to follow? the only mention of "tags" I see in the help file is for mp3 ID tags...

thank you again. the web file has better information. unfortunately, I've only found information for creating tags on a per-track basis. with 6000 tracks in my library, that will be impossible. tagging an entire category is what I'm looking to do. if anyone has information on that I'd really appreciate it...

thank you again. the web file has better information. unfortunately, I've only found information for creating tags on a per-track basis. with 6000 tracks in my library, that will be impossible. tagging an entire category is what I'm looking to do. if anyone has information on that I'd really appreciate it...
There is a way...add tags to all your songs.
example: I added the pop category to the music library with over 5 thousand songs. 1. AFTER ADDING THE SONGS, USING THE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON SELECT THEM ALL. 2.AGAIN WITH THE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON ADD TAGS.

Last edited:
Music Library allows you to add/remove tags from multiple files at once. Select them, right click and use appropriate command.

Back