Graphics

good design with colorful .one more thing missing chris set 3 colors in the main playlist red for now playing on air green for coming up next and blu for previously played i mean hilight every 3 of these tracks in the main playlyst

radium98 said:
good design with colorful .one more thing missing chris set 3 colors in the main playlist red for now playing on air green for coming up next and blu for previously played i mean hilight every 3 of these tracks in the main playlyst
The prev/current/next tracks are displayed at the top of the window. What's the need to duplicate the info in the playlist? Also, played tracks have different icon in the playlist. I think, it's enough.
Playlist coloring will be used in the next versions to mark ads, voice tracks, track lists, playlists and any other "special" items.

@Chris Diack thanks for suggestion! The idea with placing a cart machine in the bottom left corner was implemented in the (already closed) RadioBOSS PRO project :) I think we should put it now in RadioBOSS (and leave the "History" tab there). What are the "Bank N" tabs for?

djsoft said:
What are the "Bank N" tabs for?

They are to define "mini" banks of audio... for instance Bank 1 would be carts 1 to 6, Bank 2 would be carts 7 to 12, and so forth.

The concept is to use as little real estate as possible without compromising the playlist area, while offering the ability to drag and drop audio for instantaneous, or pre-planned play.

I have spent many years studying various automation systems, some very complicated, some remarkably simple.

My interest in being involved with RadioBoss is to take the best ideas I have seen over the years and offer them, without plagiarising, to DJSoft, in the hope that the ideas are adopted, or at least are inspirational in producing a better, simpler, more functional (and marketable) product.

It is difficult to produce a product of this nature without coming close to emulating and duplicating someone elses concepts.

For my part, every part of what I offer in graphical design is made locally, and not cut and pasted from someone elses product other than those concepts already used in RadioBoss.

In saying that however, many inspirations I have come from other software.

If anyone feels this is unsatisfactory, feel free to critique.

Sorry Chris diac i am not criting u but i only said some ideas are approching to some others yes we all giving good ideas to make RadioBoss the best in the market :) and maybe number one radio automation software ,but i said this because i have also involved with a lot and various radio automation software for this moment RadioBoss is for me the most easy and #1 and will be Always.

Most features anyway will be common for such a kind of software - cart walls, playlists, timers, etc. Like most of the cars have 4 wheels. The difference is how it's implemented. I think it's OK to look at other software too sometimes :)

Hi i would also like to see some sort of graphics display on Songs, like a Rating system something simular to the attached pic, it would make searching for artist or a song as to which is the most popular artist or song.

I know there is a play count, but other people could be playing certian songs by mistake or they are just automatically generated into a playlist which may not give a true indication of how popular the artist or songs are.

cheers Gazza

Attachments

• RadioBoss Song Rating.jpg
    RadioBoss Song Rating.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 445
GarryS said:
Hi i would also like to see some sort of graphics display on Songs, like a Rating system something simular to the attached pic, it would make searching for artist or a song as to which is the most popular artist or song.

I know there is a play count, but other people could be playing certian songs by mistake or they are just automatically generated into a playlist which may not give a true indication of how popular the artist or songs are.

cheers Gazza
This will be implemented in RadioBOSS 5.1 (release planned for May 2014).

nelson c said:
It is a good idea.  :)
and also a step to facilitate the work then when priorities are implemented in playlist generator pro.
This will allow for example assemble easily program hits.
Track priorities is a totally different topic :) This is also planned for the future versions.

Back