help to plan a diversified weekly schedule for each day.

liga

hello everyone,
I make the premise that I'm trying to follow the radioboss.fm (cloud) manual, to build a weekly schedule diversified by day. Monday, Tuesday, etc until Sunday. Can anyone help me or give me an idea how to do it? how can you plan the various days, with various musical blocks, with jingles, the hourly signal and so on? How is it best to proceed? I would like to have the possibility then to change the various blocks in the various days. I hope I explained myself, and I hope someone can help me get started. I started writing an excel sheet where I planned the whole week, day by day. I would like to understand what is better to do programmatically on radioboss.fm (cloud).

thanks in advance as always and sorry for my ignorance.

Best regards

liga

www.lafebbre.ch

Scheduler allows you to create events that will run on selected week days. You can create playlists for each days, then create events that will start those playlist when needed. This is the general idea.

hello, well ... sure ... no offense eh but I got there too. I'm asking for some hands-on help on setting things up. An example. I've been running the radio with radiobosscloud since April 2023, but for the construction of a weekly schedule, I can't figure out how to start structurally. Maybe I ask other users and schedulers for a little help to get started.

bye

One other option is to try different configurations to see which one fits you better. There's "Run now" button that allows launching events, this will help to test how everything works.

hello,
I'm trying and I'm getting some results, but I must say that it's quite complicated to plan an entire week by diversifying and inserting jingles and so on. Sure a WYSIWYG interface would be ideal. I've noticed one thing: I've planned a playlist that is inserted at any time of the day. The playlist is loaded in alphabetical order in the relative folder, so if there are songs by the same author/disc, they are placed sequentially. In the planning then I put the check in the "mix playlist before inserting it". The problem is that with each insertion (every hour, for 30 minutes), the tracks are mixed with respect to the folder, but always in the same way, as if the "random" seed always started from the same number. How can I solve this problem?

As usual, thanks for your patience, I greet you cordially

liga

www.lafebbre.ch

good morning... evidently if you write me something like this, you haven't even read what I wrote... goodbye

good morning... evidently if you write me something like this, you haven't even read what I wrote... goodbye
Actually, the opposite, from your questions I see that you don't know the basics of how it should be configured, that's why I advice to start with Quick Start guide. It'll be easier to move from there.

good morning,

no offense, but I repeat, if you had read, you would have noticed that I made some considerations on the (difficult) programming system of your software. I also asked a specific question about the random function issue. As already mentioned, I've been studying your essential manual since April, where, yes, all the functions of Radiobosscloud are explained, but which is not very useful, for those like me who have never had experience in the field of programming an entire radio schedule. That said, without wanting to make any controversy, I'm writing in your support forum for a software that I pay for (both radioboss and radioboss.cloud), so I would expect more constructive help and not answers that always and only refer to reading the your excellent but too technical manual. I can't say anything else, since I've always had a great time with radioboss from my PC for my live streaming on various web radio stations. Since now my radio has become an OFFICIAL amateur web radio with a SUISA license, I would like to use an automatic radio-software that allows me to program a weekly schedule well and easily, which as you well know can be subject to numerous and frequent modifications. Your system is not intuitive at all and even if it allows you to do everything (?) I believe that a WYSIWYG event programming interface should absolutely be implemented. This drives me to look elsewhere for simpler solutions suitable for non-professional people.

Anyway, thank you for all the support you have given so far.

Best regards

liga

www.lafebbre.ch

The only thing to make it work is to learn. It won't work otherwise, you need to understand it - and this is true for any system. Even if someone configures everything for you, you won't be able to make any changes or fix any problems.

I don't agree it's technical. You are not required to write any scripts or commands, everything can be done with a mouse, and, literally, within one day (or even less), from zero, you can get your radio working - provided you have music and imaging ready.

We are ready to answer specific questions, but not general, vague questions like "how do I configure everything".

The only thing to make it work is to learn. It won't work otherwise, you need to understand it - and this is true for any system. Even if someone configures everything for you, you won't be able to make any changes or fix any problems.

I don't agree it's technical. You are not required to write any scripts or commands, everything can be done with a mouse, and, literally, within one day (or even less), from zero, you can get your radio working - provided you have music and imaging ready.

We are ready to answer specific questions, but not general, vague questions like "how do I configure everything".
I AGREE WITH YOU, Dmitry.

good morning,

here is another proof of what I said: it seems to me that up to now I have made very specific requests. Just because your manual explains the functions does not mean that it is useful or practical. I reiterate a concept that is sometimes lost between seller and customer: I gladly pay good money for a product that should also include support. You have answered three times in a superficial way and even this time in an unpleasant way. I have always asked myself politely and asking for help to get started and NOT TO GET EVERYTHING DONE! Finally, when asked about the problem of "random" at each programmed insertion, you still haven't answered. Sometimes I wonder if this attitude is due to NOT the need to maintain a trusted clientele. In my professional field this is not tolerable.

And this Mr. Roberto Paulo who has nothing better to do than put "LIKE" for no reason who is he? Introduce yourself before leaving unhelpful, biased, and unsolicited comments.

End of the pointless controversy.

Thank you and goodbye

liga

good morning,

here is another proof of what I said: it seems to me that up to now I have made very specific requests. Just because your manual explains the functions does not mean that it is useful or practical. I reiterate a concept that is sometimes lost between seller and customer: I gladly pay good money for a product that should also include support. You have answered three times in a superficial way and even this time in an unpleasant way. I have always asked myself politely and asking for help to get started and NOT TO GET EVERYTHING DONE! Finally, when asked about the problem of "random" at each programmed insertion, you still haven't answered. Sometimes I wonder if this attitude is due to NOT the need to maintain a trusted clientele. In my professional field this is not tolerable.

And this Mr. Roberto Paulo who has nothing better to do than put "LIKE" for no reason who is he? Introduce yourself before leaving unhelpful, biased, and unsolicited comments.

End of the pointless controversy.

Thank you and goodbye

liga

about the problem of "random" at each programmed insertion
I did a quick test and it doesn't seem to confirm, the playlist is shuffled.
But I'd like to note that "shuffle" is done in the simplest way, without any checks for repeat protection etc. (same is true for "Random" playback mode that you can enable in Overview).

So the recommended way is to use Track List for quality track selection, with respect to repeat protection rules. And build rotation as described in the quick start guide.

good morning,

no offense, but I repeat, if you had read, you would have noticed that I made some considerations on the (difficult) programming system of your software. I also asked a specific question about the random function issue. As already mentioned, I've been studying your essential manual since April, where, yes, all the functions of Radiobosscloud are explained, but which is not very useful, for those like me who have never had experience in the field of programming an entire radio schedule. That said, without wanting to make any controversy, I'm writing in your support forum for a software that I pay for (both radioboss and radioboss.cloud), so I would expect more constructive help and not answers that always and only refer to reading the your excellent but too technical manual. I can't say anything else, since I've always had a great time with radioboss from my PC for my live streaming on various web radio stations. Since now my radio has become an OFFICIAL amateur web radio with a SUISA license, I would like to use an automatic radio-software that allows me to program a weekly schedule well and easily, which as you well know can be subject to numerous and frequent modifications. Your system is not intuitive at all and even if it allows you to do everything (?) I believe that a WYSIWYG event programming interface should absolutely be implemented. This drives me to look elsewhere for simpler solutions suitable for non-professional people.

Anyway, thank you for all the support you have given so far.

Best regards

liga

www.lafebbre.ch
In what world is a manual that explains all the functions of a software program not useful or helpful? You come across as incredibly thick, I don't see a single other post on here asking how to 'run' their radio station, pretty sure everyone else reads the manual, does some tests and gets on with it. Take your aggressive tone and 'OFFICIAL' $ elsewhere if you are not happy, thanks.

Back